Silver Bull Report Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk

Go down 
+9
EarthMonkey
studbkr
eca
silversleuth
silverman
jeanvaljean
danamas
bull
Henk
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Henk

Henk

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-08-26

about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Empty
PostSubject: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:36 pm

about this new stock that Shelby found...
Thanks for your message Bull, wish I had checked my mail earlier!
I had no chance to buy any. Monday will be idiotic I guess, as the whole JH-forum crowd will try to jump on board. +60%?
Bull, you did some DD and bought it. Do you think it is as good as Shelby says? What are your short term expectations?
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 5:55 pm

Yes Henk, I do think this stock is as good as shelby claims. As a matter of fact, I don't think shelby realizes yet, how good this stock actually is. I think he is quickly coming to figure it out more though.

I have been studying geology, more and more-and notice, how shelby decided that talking to Puma's geologist is important. I don't believe he has yet, but he will...or he will regret selling for 100% profit because he did not understand the significance of "pod" or "lens" formations.

Watching the video of my visit to Dia Bras should help anyone with no knowledge of these formations, understand the concept.

Basically high grade deposit lenses are found at contact zones and run parallel with the contact. Puma has discovered numerous high grade lenses at surface (Good for them), but these lenses or pods (whatever you choose to call them) can also form at different levels, but also in a string...kind of like bubbles in ice on a frozen lake.

Pods or lenses are almost always high grade and are surrounded or hosted by lower, although usually significant mineralization. This is a result of high temperature molten or semi-molten rock coming into contact with country rock and water, allowing for hydrothermal concentration of metals over long periods of time.

See...Contact metamorphism is basically a result of molten rock, meeting country rock (host rock). Now , if the host rock contains precious metals (and they all do, even if concentrations are very low. E.G. Even sea water contains gold) and the event of contact results in a long cooling process-and H20 is present-and the hydrothermal solution persists over an extended preriod time, especially at 280 degrees celsius, then the circumstances for high grade silver formation is at an optimum.

Obviously this is the case at the Nicholas-Denys property or we would not have the Hache massive-sulphide lens to discuss, but what about Little Stull Lake?...Well the answer is, I need to study it further.

Last edited by on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:43 pm

What I'm trying to convey is, Puma likely has more than one string of perils (Lenses). They are very likely to discover another string at depth...how deep? I don't have a clue. Also potential lenses at depth may be richer in lead and zinc and slightly less in silver, however gold would also favor hydrothermal solutions at depth.

There is serious potential in the Nicholas-Denys property-and that is why they are focused there.

If you go through the Sedar reports, one by one (and you read french) you quickly figure out that the Puma "Geo" knew what they would find and how.

How do I know, that the geo knows?...Simple...Puma could punch holes like mad men and hit a lot of low grade. This would do serious damage to the stock price. Instead they are methodically pokin' at the goodies.Wink

The importance of that fact is immense, because it demonstrates the capability of the boots on the ground.

Last edited by on Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 9:42 pm

Mshen,

I accidentally deleted you post...Can you repost it please? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
danamas

danamas

Male Number of posts : 60
Emploi : Airline Pilot
Loisirs : Investing
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 10:30 am

OK. So the herd might rush in so that Shelby can dump the rise. Wait and see what happens. Maybe you can get in after the sell-off at a reasonable price. Trust me, those who are already in will sell half of their position on the double and sit on the rest. Wait till the dust settles and the herd starts to sell on the downturn correction following the rapid rise if it happens. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 3:33 pm

I agree, Dan.

Desperation is a recipe for disaster!
Back to top Go down
jeanvaljean

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2007-10-23

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 4:30 pm

Thank you for the tip, Bull. I have a feeling it will jump another dime on open tomorrow. Do you think in a fortnight that this stock will go down below $.50. Perhaps one tranche at open tomorrow, and then another a week from now would be a good strategy.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 5:02 pm

Yes JVJ, I think your suggestion makes a lot of sense. A little just in case it "goes and goes" and a little set aside for later in case it comes back a bit.

When I presented Normabec, it went form 40 to almost 60c very quicklyand has held mid 50s, so you just can't know how the stock will react.

My concern for those trying to get in is, PUM is at least 40% held by insiders and funds. The float is very tight and with such a low price per share, PUM could spike and hold much of it's ground, due to considerable current undervaluation.

I think everyone must find their own strategy here. I own a fair amount of PUM, so my respones will be somewhat biased. It is hard not to be, when you would like to see the stock double and believe it deserves the valuation.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 11:21 pm

CUSTOM MILLING IS A GOOD SOLUTION

http://www.silvercorp.ca/news/2007/news_20070209.php

Quote :
Mine production at the Ying Property started on April 1, 2006. At this relatively early phase, and as part of a staged start-up to its mining operation, the Company generated gross revenue of $14,731,638 and $29,772,811 for the three month and nine month periods ended December 31, 2006, respectively, by the selling of the direct shipping ore and silver-lead and zinc concentrates. This resulted in an earnings from mine operations of $12,027,107 and $23,718,909 and a gross margin of 82% and 80%, for the three month and nine month periods ended December 31, 2006, respectively.

For the three month period ended December 31, 2006, the Company achieved net income of $9,338,817 or $0.19 per share, compared to a net loss of $1,176,820 or $0.03 per share for the same period of 2005. The increase in net income for the third quarter ended December 31, 2006 as compared to the net loss for the same period of the prior year was mainly due to the commencement of mine production at Ying Property.

If Silver Corp can do it in China, PUM can do it in Canada!
Back to top Go down
silverman

Male Number of posts : 163
Emploi : Engineering

PostSubject: Bull - How doe sthe bid / ask   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:05 am

look like for Puma today ??
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:16 am

Roughly equal bid/ask of 31000 shares @ 42.5c

That's only a penny higher than yesterday. Anyone who wants in, CAN get in at a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
jeanvaljean

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2007-10-23

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 10:17 am

Got in at 44.5c. What a Face
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 10:22 am

In two months, you won't remember whether you bought on a friday, or a monday. Smile
Back to top Go down
silversleuth

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 1:14 pm

Somebody is missing something. Appalaches Resources (APP) owns 71% of PUM in addition to other gold and uranium properties. In fact, APP and PUM share the same administrative offices with Christian Guilbaud serving as the IR person for both companies. PUM has a MC of $17 mil which means that AAP has an equity share of $12 mil. What is AAP's MC? Despite a +15% today, the MC is less than $7 mil.

Disclosure: I have no shares of either company.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 1:32 pm

silversleuth wrote:
Somebody is missing something. Appalaches Resources (APP) owns 71% of PUM in addition to other gold and uranium properties. In fact, APP and PUM share the same administrative offices with Christian Guilbaud serving as the IR person for both companies. PUM has a MC of $17 mil which means that AAP has an equity share of $12 mil. What is AAP's MC? Despite a +15% today, the MC is less than $7 mil.

Disclosure: I have no shares of either company.

Thank you very much, SilverSleuth!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 11:17 pm

http://www.ressourcesappalaches.com/html/en/profil/historique.php

Quote :

As of October 10, 2007, Appalaches holds about 33 % of the share capital of Exploration Puma (PUM-TSXV), a mineral exploration company whose operations are now directed towards New Brunswick.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 11:43 pm

Back to top Go down
silversleuth

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 10:47 am

Thank you for correcting me. Earlier this year APP owned 71% of PUM. Regardless, you established the connection and what I consider the better buy.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 10:57 am

I moved a small amount of money from PUM to APP.

Maybe I can shift the position back and forth a little.
Back to top Go down
eca

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 12:23 pm

Thanks for the info on APP!

I was able to pick up 20K shares of ALHRF (APP.V) at .13 USD. I was only able to get filled on 2K of my 10K .41 USD limit for PUXPF (PUM.V). I'll cancel the other buy for the unfilled 8K now.
Back to top Go down
studbkr

Number of posts : 902

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:55 am

Puma Exploration : 1.5 kg/t Ag, 3.5% Zn, 9.8% Pb, and 3.6 g/t Au over 3.5 Metres on Surface at Nicholas-Denys

Wednesday November 7, 9:08 am ET

RIMOUSKI, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - Nov. 7, 2007) - Puma Exploration (TSX VENTURE:PUM - News) has just received results from four (4) additional surface channels obtained from stripping work on the Hache lens of the Nicholas-Denys property in New Brunswick.
Once again the channels intersected the mineralized zone on surface, over lengths ranging from 3.5 to 16.8 metres, with high silver and gold grades that range from 204 to 1501 g/t Ag and from 0.7 to 3.6 g/t Au. Notably, Channel R07-13, gave 1.5 kg/t Ag, 3.5% Zn, 9.8% Pb, and 3.6 g/t Au over his entire length of 3.5 metres. More sampling will be done at both ends of the channel to verify the possible extention of the mineralization.

Mineralized sections from channel sampling on the Hache Lens

Channel From To Length Ag Zn Pb Au
(m) (m) (m) (g/t) (%) (%) (g/t)

R07-13 0.0 3.5 3.5 1501 3.5 9.8 3.60

R07-16 18.4 34.4 16.0 213 1.3 1.0 0.68
including 18.4 22.6 2.2 1134 6.2 3.7 2.70
including 29.4 33.0 3.6 222 1.2 1.6 0.82

R07-19 6.3 23.1 16.8 204 1.7 1.0 0.86
including 6.3 8.4 2.1 415 2.0 1.8 1.38
including 20.1 24.1 4.0 256 2.6 1.0 1.25

R07-20 4.1 15.7 11.6 226 0.7 1.0 1.20
including 4.1 12.8 8.7 301 1.0 1.3 1.45
including 4.8 8.3 3.5 594 1.7 2.7 2.38

These results and the previous reported will be use in the resources calculation in progress. The results from the other heigth (Cool channels are expected shortly.

About Nicholas-Denys

The Nicholas-Denys property is located at the north end of the Bathurst mining camp, in the vicinity of the Caribou, Restigouche and Brunswick 12 mining facilities, as well as the lead-silver-gold smelter and the Belledune deep water port. The property encompasses five (5) major mineralized zones spread along a 5.4 -km fault zone.

The current works on the Hache lens aim to lead to a short-term surface exploitation of a small open pit. The Company has completed the first phase of definition drillings as well as the complete stripping of the main mineralized zone. This activity allowed to prospect the surface of Hache lens over a span of about 150 by 50 meters and to a depth of 100 meters. Metallurgical testing is also underway of the minerals extracted from the Hache lens. Results obtained will be used to calculate resources as per the 43-101 standards.

The results from the preliminary drillings announced by the Company confirm silver enrichment on the Hache lens. The main results obtained from different holes are as follows: 461 g/t Ag over 6.0 meters, 331 g/t Ag over 3.05 meters, 244 g/t Ag over 4.6 meters, 262 g/t Ag over 4.2 meters.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 11:40 am

I have been buying PUM today with some profits taken from NMB.

I taked to Chris from PUM IR for a while. Sound like news will come, week in and week out for quite a while now.

A bunch of holes will be reported on the Stull lake project very soon.

I'm gonna see if I can rake the neighbours yard now, for some extra cash; buy some more PUM before Shelby scoops it all up! lol!
Back to top Go down
EarthMonkey

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 1:26 pm

bull wrote:

I'm gonna see if I can rake the neighbours yard now, for some extra cash; buy some more PUM before Shelby scoops it all up! lol!

You gotta introduce your neighbour to us. I would like extra cash too!! I bought puma a few days ago and now they are in the money. Thanks for the tips!! Very Happy

And by the way, I also bought some app.v. Weekly charts for both companies look very good technically so far. Hope I will make a double on both this time. bounce
Back to top Go down
danamas

danamas

Male Number of posts : 60
Emploi : Airline Pilot
Loisirs : Investing
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 10:52 am

Please, let's don't all pile on causing the price to rise too quickly as Shelby would say! bounce Somebody sell so that I can buy please! king
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 1:19 am

Okay, so I have taken a closer look at the Stull Lake property. My biggest concern is that there is a lake at the edge of the property. Does anyone else have any concern about water problems for mining. Also infrastructure seems to be an issue. Any thoughts about this would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk   about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

about this new stock...PUM.v or PUXPF.pk
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next