Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
duckncover

avatar

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:14 am

Going to start nibbling on this one, Bull. Thanks for the tremendous amount of information you have shared. Looks like a good one.

Any idea when they go into full scale production? Will they have to further dilute to raise the necessary funds to start production?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:12 am

duckncover wrote:
Going to start nibbling on this one, Bull. Thanks for the tremendous amount of information you have shared. Looks like a good one.

Any idea when they go into full scale production? Will they have to further dilute to raise the necessary funds to start production?

Thanks

Donald said a while back, that they could be in production within two years. There is not that much they need to do at Ryan Lake to get into production. They need flotation cells for the existing mill though.

There are $6 million in warrants coming due in June. If these are all exercised, then they have enough for 500 tpd, without a problem.

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:27 pm

PCM.v's Mabel property in contrast to Tumi's La Trini property.

Originally Posted by bull
La Trini and Mabel; Whats the big difference?


Okay, so I take it that there is not much interest in this, so I will keep my opinion short.

There is an old adage in the mining industry, and it goes something like this; "The best way to ruin a perfectly good mining property, is to drill it out".

The more La Trini gets drilled, the worse the prospects get.

The more Mabel gets drilled, the more economical it becomes.

The reason for this is quite simple. La Trini's precious metal deposit is caused by a magmatic contact that resulted in a breccia vent or pipe. There was never enough sustained pressure to cause hydrothermal mineral deposition to any large extent. We know this because there is no evidence of any significant proliferation, at least to the extent that it is connected directly to the main mineralizing event.

On the other hand, Mabel is proving to be more complex.

The main reason we can be very optimistic is simply this.

Mabel's mineralization stems from a very powerful geological event. The greatest evidence we have for this is the massive amount of auriferous quartz veining. From this we can conclude that hydrothermal fluids were actively depositing minerals over an extended period of time.

The "Mystery" along with the "Upside" clearly belongs with Mabel.

LONG LIVE PCM.v!!!

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/


Last edited by on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
duckncover

avatar

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:34 pm

That is good to hear...although I am not real sure what some of those mining terms mean exactly so I looked them up.

Could not find breccia vent. What is that? I found plenty of discussions about breccia though.

So basically without the sustained pressure there is no chance of significant mineralization. They may be some but not enough to feasibly start a mine. Correct?

When you say geologic event, does that mean a volcano or could it be magma shifting underneath the earth?

Is La Trini nearby Mabel? Just wondering why the comparison of those two properties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:28 pm

Quote :
Could not find breccia vent. What is that?

Breccias can form in different ways, but they are the result of magmatic contact with the surface/near surface rock bed.

In Tumi's case, Rhyolite. Rhyolite often forms in colums, and this allowed for a natural development of an elongated breccia, likely growing larger from a seam. It is exactly this seam that would have allowed the heat and hydrothermal fluids to vent upwards. Metals are heavy and therefore they would have deposited in the clasts, within the walls of the breccia, but they would be forced to settle near the bottom.

Mabels deposit is also hypothesized to have originated from breccias. The big difference is the host rock, which is Grandiorite. Grandiorite is coarse grained and does not easily become viscous when molten, as does rhyolite. A breccia forming in Grandiorite is more likely to remain under pressure, resulting in multiple cracks forming which then are filled with hydrothermal fluids. Pressure is sustained and the cracks continue to branch out, resulting in a dense vein system.

Quote :
So basically without the sustained pressure there is no chance of significant mineralization. They may be some but not enough to feasibly start a mine. Correct?

Yes. A venting breccia may not have had sufficent time to create a large deposit. It would have started out under high pressure, but as the breccia continued to grow vertically, it eventually let off steam, so to speak. Basically due to the nature of columnar rhyolite, the cracking in the host rock was vertical (path of least resistance). Of course, the quicker the surface is reached, the sooner the loss of pressure and heat.

Also, in La Trini's case, there are multiple faults that caused the deposit to shift over time. I believe they have defined about 9 million oz's silver EQ. If the entire deposit was confined to one continuous high grade body, then it would be a viable deposit. What they have is too deep and too small, at least as far as the main zone is concerned. The low grade material is not close enough to surface in order for it to be economical.

[/quote]
Is La Trini nearby Mabel? Just wondering why the comparison of those two properties.
[quote


Actually they are in very different locations. The reason I was comparing the two was to point out how significant the host rock is, even if the geological event is the same.

PCM has not found the source of the silver and gold at Mabel yet, but it is very likely to be wide zones of high grade brecciated systems, due to the nature of densely stacked (Lateral) quartz veins.

I some places, the 5 meter wide quartz veins are only 1/2 a meter apart.

Full disclosure:

I am not a geologist, I own lots of PCM.v and the above are just my biased opinions.

[/quote]When you say geologic event, does that mean a volcano or could it be magma shifting underneath the earth? [quote]

Sorry, I missed this question.

In the case of Mabel, we have evidence of a past volcano. The most obvious indicator is the tertiary basalt flows at the north end of the property, so we are definitely dealing with a significant magmatic contact zone. This is the "Micho"area, which could yet reveal a large copper prophyry.

When I talk of a major geological event, I also may be talking about the time scale, as well as the magnitude of the event.

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
duckncover

avatar

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:55 am

Thanks for the geology knowledge, Bull.

Are you studying to be a geologist?

Good luck to all PCM shareholders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:00 pm

duckncover wrote:
Thanks for the geology knowledge, Bull.

Are you studying to be a geologist?

I'm not studying for the purpose of becoming a geologist. I was hoping to find a geo on some of these forums, but it seems they have better things to do.

I figure, if I understand geology and mining better than 80% of investors in junior mining companies, then I should be able to make better than average returns on my money.

I think that I have already avoided some bad investments because of my effort in this regard. It can be tempting to get caught up in the hype of some promotions. Obviously some go up in the near term and all seems well. The trouble begins when they top out and start coming down, and then being in the position of not knowing why you own it in the first place.

I want to get to the point where I am able to talk to a geologist about a property, and he confirms what I have already figured out. I think such knowledge could be extremely profitable when some junior is in the begining stages of unearthing an "elephant deposit". These occurences are very rare. Wouldn't it be nice to know what your are potentially dealing with, should you stumble upon such an event?! Wink

I originally bought PEZ.v at 86c and sold at $1.60. Had I known then about geology what I do today, and I admit I have tons yet to learn, I would have had the courage not only to hold my position, but to add to it.

Doug Casey bought a lot at $1.50, at least thats what Gary Freeman told me.

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
duckncover

avatar

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:53 pm

I hear you, man. I would like to more about drill results and how to better interpret them. Any suggestions? My BS detector is not totally tuned up to where it needs to be yet.

BTW, I bought PEZ as well, but mostly for technical-chart-pattern-type reasons around $1.40, sold way too soon @ around $1.80.

Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:42 am

duckncover wrote:
I hear you, man. I would like to more about drill results and how to better interpret them. Any suggestions? My BS detector is not totally tuned up to where it needs to be yet.

Drill results are easy to read. The true analysis is in determining their worth, when factoring in the myriad of other factors involved.

You need higher grades in remote areas for a project to be feasible, for example. Knowing the mining method required to extract the minerals is also extremely important to cost analysis.

By merely looking at a drill result, without any other information about the project; the information is near meaningless.

My best advice is to study all aspects of mining. Look at profitable mining operations of all sizes, to determine why they are successful.

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
duckncover

avatar

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: NEWS   Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:26 am

Pacific Comox Reports 2.8% Copper & 0.22% Molybdenum Over 3 Meters Within a 71 Meter Interval of 0.17% or 3.4 lbs/ton Molybdenum Starting 1 Meter From Surface Reported in Hole 102

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/pacific-comox-reports-28-copper/story.aspx?guid=%7B5A2CAFA7%2D68FC%2D476C%2DB98D%2D2158A1CBEB75%7D&dist=TQP_Mod_pressN

What say you, Mr. Bull?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mshen11



Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:54 am

is that why yesterday afternoon there was a big percentage rise in price? (even though the news is released this morning)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:14 am

duckncover wrote:
Pacific Comox Reports 2.8% Copper & 0.22% Molybdenum Over 3 Meters Within a 71 Meter Interval of 0.17% or 3.4 lbs/ton Molybdenum Starting 1 Meter From Surface Reported in Hole 102

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/pacific-comox-reports-28-copper/story.aspx?guid=%7B5A2CAFA7%2D68FC%2D476C%2DB98D%2D2158A1CBEB75%7D&dist=TQP_Mod_pressN

What say you, Mr. Bull?

Absolutely magnificent! cheers There are no words! lol!

WE HIT THE JACKPOT!!! king

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:16 am

mshen11 wrote:
is that why yesterday afternoon there was a big percentage rise in price? (even though the news is released this morning)

No.

The move yesterday was on very light volume. I was trying to coax a few people into buying yesterday. That would be a more likely explanation.

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
mshen11



Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:50 am

im still waiting for it to drop a bit before completing my measly fill... are you still in the opinion i have a bit of time left?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:56 am

mshen11 wrote:
im still waiting for it to drop a bit before completing my measly fill... are you still in the opinion i have a bit of time left?

This last drill result is a game changer. All bets are off!

I don't know how the market will react, but I will be adding for family accounts. I already have 50% of my portfolio in PCM.v, so I have my limit.

I sincerly hope you can buy under 11c.

Best of luck to you. Smile

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
mshen11



Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:21 am

bull two questions:

1. do you know where i can get a past history of PP - price, # of shares, expiration, etc... made by pcm

2. any PP in the near future? being in the US, its hard to get the fill i want and im resigned to think PP is the only way to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:35 am

Sedar.com for share history.

PP might be tough; they can raise all they want by flow through.

I have $250,000 ready for the next one they do. They are currently cashed up for the rest of 2008.

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
duckncover

avatar

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: GMO vs. PCM   Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:10 pm

I was checking out GMO's Mt. Hope project - their average grade is 0.15% for the first 20 years. But they have got a 50 year mine. How does PCM compare so far? Just trying to get a guage on this PCM. But PCM is hitting Moly at 1 meter. That is pretty cool.

From GMO's website -

Quote :
High grade mineralization upfront in project life for Mt. Hope - A concentration of higher grade mineralization, averaging approximately 0.15% molybdenum, is present between the eastern and western mineral systems at Mt. Hope. The top is 91 meters (300 feet) below the ground surface. This zone is the nucleus of the open pit mineralization to be mined in the first 20 years with lower grade mineralization being mined and processed in the succeeding 30 years. In the first five years of production an estimated 38.3 million pounds of molybdenum will be mined annually at approximately (0.100% Mo) and at low operational costs of $4.42 per pound.

2.8MM shares traded today with PCM.v so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
studbkr



Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:50 pm

So, tell us Bull, what do you think it takes to make this stock double in price? It doesn't get much better than today's news and there were too many willing sellers.

I sold my PCM today and bought Selwyn, the latest Hommelpumpersheepfleecer. I plan to hold Selwyn for a few weeks then move my money to something else, like PCM or KNP

(Disclaimer to amateurs: I'm only talking about a few % of my portfolio. Gambling money...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EarthMonkey



Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:20 pm

I saw 805k shares bidding at 10cents by the end of the trading day. It does not seem to me that there were many willing sellers.

Hopefully, I can get more cheap shares before the price runs up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duckncover

avatar

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:15 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:07 am

duckncover wrote:
I was checking out GMO's Mt. Hope project - their average grade is 0.15% for the first 20 years. But they have got a 50 year mine. How does PCM compare so far? Just trying to get a guage on this PCM. But PCM is hitting Moly at 1 meter. That is pretty cool.

From GMO's website -

Quote :
High grade mineralization upfront in project life for Mt. Hope - A concentration of higher grade mineralization, averaging approximately 0.15% molybdenum, is present between the eastern and western mineral systems at Mt. Hope. The top is 91 meters (300 feet) below the ground surface. This zone is the nucleus of the open pit mineralization to be mined in the first 20 years with lower grade mineralization being mined and processed in the succeeding 30 years. In the first five years of production an estimated 38.3 million pounds of molybdenum will be mined annually at approximately (0.100% Mo) and at low operational costs of $4.42 per pound.

2.8MM shares traded today with PCM.v so far.

GMO's project is huge, but so is the expected capex. I think it is tough to compare the two.

GMO intends to produce at 25,000 tpd. PCM has 500tpd in mind. Of course the final size of the ore body can change all this.

PCM's drill results continue to surprise, so we don't know how big this could get. I know one thing though, I for the life of me cannot imagine hitting just a single 71 meter interval of over 3lbs. We are very likely to see more of this; could even get better. If PCM starts hitting enough of these holes, well, then we will have a monster deposit.

Remember, at 500 tpd, we only need 150 million lbs for a ten year mine life (300 days per year). With the 10lb plus per tonne ore they are finding at surface, they could easily finance an upgrade to 1000 or even 2000 tpd, but we need to grow the deposit first to justify this.

PCM has enough money to drill for the rest of the year. At the current rate, this will be huge by Christmas. We will not be ignored for much longer, in aggregate, we simply have too much of what is highly desired (infrastructure, near surface, political security etc.)

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:21 am

studbkr wrote:
So, tell us Bull, what do you think it takes to make this stock double in price? It doesn't get much better than today's news and there were too many willing sellers.


I don't have a clue. What I do know is there is a tremendous amount of buying coming from D&D Securities, as well as anonymous buying. What I find very interesting is, the buying from these sources come mostly on non-news days. We saw 6.5 million traded on the 5th; no news.

PCM keeps announcing new company records, as drill results go. Not only at Ryan Lake, but also Mabel.

Empey has said all along, "Once we can claim something significant, we will get the word out". That time is fast approaching, if not already here.

As my overall portfolio grows, so will my postion in PCM. I quess you could say, why would I want the price of groceries to up while i'm shopping. Wink

Seriously though, it would be a great moral booster if PCM put in a ew floor at 15-20c. Soon, I think. Very Happy

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:50 am

duckncover wrote:
http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=ca%3Acrd&sid=0&o_symb=ca%3Acrd

CRD.V

JH's latest promotion.

I own shares, so that good! Laughing

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:04 pm

Buy Orders
# of orders Shares Price

6 384000 0.10
6 236000 0.095
7 338000 0.09
4 85000 0.085
9 355000 0.08
4 208000 0.075
3 157000 0.07
2 20000 0.065
1 25000 0.05

Sell Orders
Price Shares # of orders

0.105 45500 2
0.11 130000 4
0.115 99000 3
0.12 244000 7
0.125 28000 1
0.13 44000 3
0.135 130000 4
0.14 121000 3
0.145 105000 4
0.15 198000 4
0.16 57000 3
0.165 50000 1
0.17 10000 1
0.18 42000 4
0.185 60000 4
0.19 103000 2
0.20 104000 5
0.21 10000 1
0.22 180000 4
0.23 10000 1

Lookin' good! Cool

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)   

Back to top Go down
 
PACIFIC COMOX (PCM.v) or (PAOCF)
Back to top 
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Pacific Textiles, Brandix Lanka joint venture firm goes for IPO
» Challenging year for Asia Pacific: UNESCAP report
» Distilleries Future and 1994 Chandrika Funder Harry Jayawardena's future to prosper more under Maithripala Government if it happens
» Cheap Stocks:Sri Lankan Stock Market now looks extremely cheap - CF Ruffer Pacific Fund
» Pacific Textured Jersey Holdings divests 10% of TJL

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silver Bull Report Forum :: Silver Bull Report Member Forum :: Stock Tip Forum-
Jump to: