Silver Bull Report Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Portfolio Allocation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dz20854

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-05-27

Portfolio Allocation Empty
PostSubject: Portfolio Allocation   Portfolio Allocation Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 2:36 pm

I often see suggestions of which stocks to buy, but don’t often see suggestions of which to trim or sell.

I am a little bit into margin, and trying to decide what to trim or sell; hopefully on a stronger day than today.

Here are my stocks, showing their percentage of my portfolio. (I have not shown percentage gain/ loss on the positions, since I don’t think that should be a consideration): MMG (37), SPM (23), RBY (12), GORO (11), NI (5), CYP (3), MTO (3), PCM (2), TM (2), PEZ (2), BAJ (1), DIB (<1), IPT (<1), SAM (<1), CRD (<1).

A mistake I am making is my recent purchases are smaller than my older purchases, as I have less and less liquidity. I am too eager to buy, and wouldn’t mind continuing to hold all of these stocks, but when I try to sell some it is often hard to find buyers without pushing down the price.

Any suggestions? Anyone want to rank these stocks from best to worst?
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Portfolio Allocation   Portfolio Allocation Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi DZ,

I think you have a great bunch of stocks there. You're MMG and SPM represent a fairly heavy portion of your portfolio. The only suggestion I would have is, build up a little cash by selling a small portion of your MMG into strength. You could trim a little from SPM as well. Try to have 3% cash and buy when an opportunity presents itself, Then look to rebuild a 3% again, and so on.

What do you think? How good do you feel about your current situation?
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
Grassburner

Male Number of posts : 206
Emploi : Self Employed
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Portfolio for dz20854   Portfolio Allocation Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 1:18 am

You have got too much up top. 10%-15% max on any stock. No matter what your feelings/research is. You never know what can happen!!!!

I love your portfolio line-up. There is only a couple I dont know. And maybe I should!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Portfolio Allocation   Portfolio Allocation Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 1:29 am

I agree with you GrassBurner. I myself am a little over weight on SPM and NI. I can't seem to help it. I understand the risk and I am willing to take that risk, I guess. I would not recommend it though. affraid
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portfolio Allocation   Portfolio Allocation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Portfolio Allocation
Page 1 of 1