Silver Bull Report Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any optionable bank indices that you know of??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EarthMonkey

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Any optionable bank indices that you know of?? Empty
PostSubject: Any optionable bank indices that you know of??   Any optionable bank indices that you know of?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 4:21 pm

I cant believe the big rally with Citigroup after it announced a $5.1 billion loss in its recent quarter.

Does anyone know any U.S banking indices? Once the rally is over for the financial sector, it would be time to buy Puts again.

I was watching TIP (a bond fund ETF) the past few days. The trading volume for the options are very thin. Otherwise, I would have bought the put options.
Back to top Go down
silverman

Male Number of posts : 163
Emploi : Engineering

PostSubject: TRY Those ETFs   Any optionable bank indices that you know of?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:35 am

You can short them if you wish....

RKH regioanl banks
XLF
IYG

Or try buying this one...

UltraShort Financials ProShares (SKF)

This one has some trading volume in its options.
Back to top Go down
EarthMonkey

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Any optionable bank indices that you know of??   Any optionable bank indices that you know of?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:23 pm

Thanks. I will take a look at the stocks you mentioned.

BTW, it is not the best time to short financial stocks as the rally may continue.

I may but PUTs on JPM once this stock looks vulerable. It is still rediculously expensive compare to MER, C, and BAC.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=jpm#chart2:symbol=jpm;range=2y;compare=bac+c+mer;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any optionable bank indices that you know of??   Any optionable bank indices that you know of?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any optionable bank indices that you know of??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silver Bull Report Forum :: Silver Bull Report Member Forum :: Stock Tip Forum-
Jump to: