Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 SEG Freebie

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: SEG Freebie   Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:36 pm

http://www.silverbullreport.com/SEGupdatepage.html

Broken link is now working properly.

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/


Last edited by bull on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
mshen11



Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:57 pm

shelby promoted this stock before you bull so im staying away w/ a 10ft stick. is this something i should look into and ignore shelby?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:01 pm

mshen11 wrote:
shelby promoted this stock before you bull

I believe I promoted it before shelby, then warned others to sell because of Lead/Zinc prices, then after the stock came down from 90c to 28c, I went back to Mexico to visit them for the second time.

As far as you buying SEG, or anyone else...I couldn't care less. Short it for all I care. lol!

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
studbkr



Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:27 pm

I think I brought SEG to the table first (pound my chest and say "nyah! nyah!), but I never "promote" stox and I've been wrong many times in my investments.

http://jasonhommelforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1039&highlight=%22silver+eagle%22 (I mis-used the word "production" in my Feb 28th post, by Canadian Securities definition)

Bull, what's your point (above) in intentionally providing a broken link, called a "freebie"?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:27 pm

studbkr wrote:


Bull, what's your point (above) in intentionally providing a broken link, called a "freebie"?)

Fixed. Very Happy

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
md1



Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: interesting   Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:07 pm

Nice video Bull:

So do you believe that these juniors will go down some
more because of tax loss season starting a little earlier?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:19 pm

md1 wrote:
Nice video Bull:

So do you believe that these juniors will go down some
more because of tax loss season starting a little earlier?

Cheers!

Thanks.

I'm not really sure, as no-one is, but I think it may be wise to have some cash handy. What I am currently doing, is trading a large cap liquid silver stock. I document the trades for subscribers on my website. I plan to make few percent here and there, but it will allow for quick buying in stocks if given an opportunity because of tax-loss selling. If there ever was a year where tax-loss selling would seem appealing, this would have to be it, at least in junior mining stocks.

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
mshen11



Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:05 pm

took a quick look at ca:seg charts. too damaged to intreprete anythign meaningful Sad... trading in a downward trend, making all time lows every day. theres been a few high volume days last month - havent read the news on it, any particular reason why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
studbkr



Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:38 am

Thanks Bull...it sure would be nice to see them pouring a bar, though I believe the concentrates they sell do not work that way

(I saw a gold bar pour in-person one time at www.origsix.com. It was impressive to watch them chip off the slag and show it to the shareholder audience
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:34 pm

studbkr wrote:
Thanks Bull...it sure would be nice to see them pouring a bar, though I believe the concentrates they sell do not work that way


SEG is pretty much a slave to the lead price, unless silver really moves. But I am inclined to believe lead prices willstart moving up again, and soon.

SEG is producing two concentrates, one lead/silver and one Zinc/silver. Most of the silver is contained in the lead concentrate. I wish I knew more about the methodology of separation of lead from silver in molten form. Obviously conquistadors did this affectively some 500 years ago, so can't be too complex.

When I move to Mexico permanently, I plan to start collecting Lead/silver concentrates.

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
studbkr



Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:10 pm

Pattinson's Process is the most simple conquistador method, but they probably went to a more sophisticated tap furnace or blast furnace

Good reading starting on page 549 to 558 if you want to be a conquistador, complete with breathing large quantities of toxic fumes...

http://books.google.com/books?id=VigKAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA442&dq=metallurgy+john+percy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:34 pm

studbkr wrote:
Pattinson's Process is the most simple conquistador method, but they probably went to a more sophisticated tap furnace or blast furnace

Good reading starting on page 549 to 558 if you want to be a conquistador, complete with breathing large quantities of toxic fumes...

http://books.google.com/books?id=VigKAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA442&dq=metallurgy+john+percy

Fantastic! Thanks studbkr. Cool

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
Boomer



Male Number of posts : 55
Age : 54
Localisation : PA
Emploi : Project Management
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: What not so keen on? Mesh Cost?   Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:50 pm

Bull,
Thanks for the Freebie - I didn't hear anything negative. What are the negatives as you see them?
Was SEG the company that you kept telling Shelby you were worried about due to the high cost of the safety metal mesh that helps hold the mine "ceilings" in place?
Still holding my SEG shares.
Regards,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:07 pm

Yes, Boomer, that's right. But they have made some major changes to mining methods. And as a result the screen and bolting issue has become greatly reduced, while efficiency of mining has increased substantially. Finished iron prices are also receeding slightly. The biggest concern now is lead prices...and silver of course, but lead absolutely needs to stay above 60c.

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
studbkr



Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:48 am

Bull, How do you derive 60 cent Pb price? Is that stated by them or derived from their costs of extraction and processing, or....(?)

...and is that Yankee cents or Loonie cents? Spot is 68 Yankee cents now http://www.kitcometals.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:56 am

That would be US c's.

I state 60c US because of discussions with the mine manager, Terry and Vlad, but mostly because of discussions I had with the Wolverton analyst that was there with us.

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:02 pm

I updated the subscribers area yesterday after talking to Terry at SEG. T Looks like more than just us knew about what is in the works. SEG up a smoking 114% cheers

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
silverbud



Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:18 pm

Looks like the short squeeze could finally be on. Looking at posts on stockhouse over the last several months, it looks like SEG was targeted for a massive shorting free for all. A gift for those buying last week but pure torture for anyone that held.

Wonder if we will see that .90 level anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:26 pm

I think we are about to see the same in PCM.v It is not as well documented, shorting that is, but sell orders are taking flight like doves at an Ozbourne marriage ceremony. lol!

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
studbkr



Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:28 pm

Cool! I just noticed that spike.

I just placed a limit sell for a few SVEGF shares at US$0.245 or better. Let's see if anybody bites (20% of my total position, which I may buy back later if it slips back, if not, "hi-ho silver and aweigh!")
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mshen11



Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:14 pm

SEG back downt o +58% gain. my analysis is this is going to be a sell down (like PCM in the past). there is too much downward pressure on this one for it to go beyond today's high.

unless they have more news in the pipeline to sustain further momentum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:22 pm

mshen11 wrote:
SEG back downt o +58% gain. my analysis is this is going to be a sell down (like PCM in the past). there is too much downward pressure on this one for it to go beyond today's high.

unless they have more news in the pipeline to sustain further momentum.

They do. Cool

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
studbkr



Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:52 am

Bull, Care to comment to non-subscribers on this?

http://biz.yahoo.com/ccn/081107/200811070495894001.html?.v=1

Is it a precautionary statement or is it serious trouble? (Share price is down 55% to C$0.09 at the open....somebody doesn't like it!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bull
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1300
Age : 47
Localisation : Calgary Alberta
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:14 am

studbkr wrote:
Bull, Care to comment to non-subscribers on this?


I have an active TRADE ALERT on SEG for paid subscribers, so my comments here will have to wait a day, or two.

What I can say, is that we had a recommendation for subscribers on Tues. regarding shares of SEG.

_________________
Leonard Wall
'Tis the season for reason,
May your knowledge, keep you long.
http://www.silverbullreport.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
mshen11



Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:51 am

recommendations to buy or sell Smile ?
i know i know im fishing

[These cash flows are insufficient to cover the operating and corporate costs of the Company and as a result, Silver Eagle has minimal available cash resources. Silver Eagle has taken and is continuing to take steps to reduce cash costs and expenses both at its operations and its corporate offices. ]

this definitely is not good news and the sell down is perfectly logical. if this is considered good news the only guess i have is someone is going to buy them out for 4x or 6x current share price.

remember a 50% haircut (today) means a 100% gain will bring you back to tuesday's level

[There can be no assurance that the Company will complete any transaction that may arise in connection with any of the above.]

and this statement seems to indicate there is hope for something but not a definite.

conclusion? of course i dont know what is in bull's alert but im not sure if it is a sure thing. perhaps a lot of hopes and good chances of something positive will happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   

Back to top Go down
 
SEG Freebie
Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silver Bull Report Forum :: Silver Bull Report Member Forum :: Stock Tip Forum-
Jump to: