Silver Bull Report Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SEG Freebie

Go down 
+15
silverman
nuwrldudder
keith
xdrywall
Sam Spaiser
dz20854
Henk
loogan
RandyH
silverbud
Boomer
md1
studbkr
mshen11
bull
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xdrywall

Male Number of posts : 5
Emploi : Robins & Morton
Registration date : 2008-11-07

SEG Freebie - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:18 pm

Do they have any debts that could be used against them? The line of"debt free" is used a lot to lure in investors then suppliers, Manufacturers and laywers show up with claims that are honored ahead of stock holders.
10 years ago I doubled down on a local steel mill. In the end they issued new stock to the banks, suppliers and lawyers and left the origonal shareholders and retirees out in the cold with worthless stock.
I like Silver Eagle and hope they can get through this. Thanks for thr encouragement.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:23 pm

xdrywall wrote:
Do they have any debts that could be used against them?

I talked with an analyst that covers them, yesterday. SEG has zero debt.

That steel mill you mention-was it Stelco by any chance?
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
xdrywall

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:57 pm

Geneva Steel, Orem, Utah.
Bankrupt in the 70's. Ressurrected in the 80's by the Cook Brothers and low interest Government financing. Launched the Cook Brothers into politics with millions in assets (thanks to the Government helping them buy the existing complex at pennies on the dollar.) Opened non-union then changed to union. 401k retirement plan with primary asset being company stock, valued up to $30.00 per share. Blamed foreign steel and high wages for cash flow issues. I bought 100,000 shares while they were in bankruptcy court thinking a Judge won't cheat almost 10,000 employees out of their retirement. The Cook brothers were bought out and continued in politics. The creditors took over operations and were issued "new shares". The plant reopened for about 2 years, used all theis stockpiled materials and then was sold off piece by piece.
Back to top Go down
xdrywall

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:14 pm

Couldn't resist, Just doubled my position in SEG at .035 Canadian. Average cost in is 7 1/2 cents. My gut feeling is this stock is being given away now and will skyrocket if they can get through the winter.
Back to top Go down
loogan

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:14 pm

xdrywaller,

I also doubled down today... another 58 000 shares. But at 4.5 cents.

It's very hard to get value trading done working in construction.. I had to run out on my morning break and call for the quote, shit my pants, and place an order.

I have no regrets about my buy points... This thing is going to rocket up soon. The worse the markets get, the quicker and more shocking will be the metals' explosion.

Gold hit about $970 Canadian today. Almost back up to the record highs again.

They are calling it deflation now.... just wait a couple of months.

Did everyone hear David Morgan on Howe Street the other day?... I don't know if I have EVER heard him talk about specific companies off the cuff. He is always about the big picture, not so much about any one company. He's an extremely level-headed guy who absolutely reeks of honour. Anyways, he was talking about the sorry state of junior equities, and he said something like, "all these good companies are taking a beating... Just look at Silver Eagle"... I smiled big... It was a bit of validation for me.

Anyways, I think I'll call a bottom on SEG now. The bottom is here, exactly at $0.0HOLYCRAP!

Buy some up, and remember to get those shares certified.

We live in interesting times.
Back to top Go down
keith

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:15 pm

Geneva Steel, Orem, Utah.

Xdrywall, Sorry to hear about your loss in Geneva.
I have been there a couple times as I buy steel for our company. If they could have hung on for about another 6-9 months they could have been printing money as the market turned up big time in late 2003, but the investors ran out of money.

Thanks for your story. I should have bought Oregon Rolling Mills at 1.25/share but I got chicken and then I watched it climb to around $40 in short order.

Great stories to tell our kids at the "wouda, shouda, couda" Thanksgiving table conversation.

Keith
Back to top Go down
mshen11

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 8:17 pm

still watching seg...

the volumes are good to kick it back up for a double at 0.06. be careful if the volume is sustained but it doesnt do another double from here - it means a small group picked up big (maybe some on this forum) but dont have the momentum... and if one loses faith later on down the road (like GORO and TLR), 0.03 and lower can be the retest.

bull - it would be a curious "plulse point for my TA" if you best guess/know/reveal how many people are actually following your seg advice. it would be a good chart learning experience.
Back to top Go down
nuwrldudder

Male Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Good thing I quit smoking!   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:10 am

loogan wrote:

It's very hard to get value trading done working in construction.. I had to run out on my morning break and call for the quote, shit my pants, and place an order.

Ha! That sounds familiar... I thought I was the only one crazy enough to trade like that! bom
Back to top Go down
studbkr

Number of posts : 902

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 5:36 pm

Has anybody called Terry Byberg recently and asked "whassup, homie?"

I meant to do it this week, but didn't yet....
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:59 am

I left a message with Terry Byberg yesterday...the lady told me he was on the other line. I want to know if they're still mining and what is new since his last Press Release.

No call-back yet

Has anybody else called SEG in the last few weeks?
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300
Emploi : Investor

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:12 pm

studbkr wrote:
I left a message with Terry Byberg yesterday...the lady told me he was on the other line. I want to know if they're still mining and what is new since his last Press Release.

No call-back yet

Has anybody else called SEG in the last few weeks?

Terry was probably on the phone with me when you called. We talked for about 1/2 hour. Yes they are still mining.
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:44 pm

It's an uncomfortable sign that he did not return my call...

If I sell a gazillion shares at 6 cents, he might notice me! (and I might be able to buy a double-shot Starbuck's with the money) HA! (joke!)
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:51 pm

Terry left me a message this morning, but I have not called him back.
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:44 am

Back to top Go down
mshen11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:21 am

but good for stock price? wierd. i dont get this one from a TA perspective
Back to top Go down
loogan

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:26 am

The market absorbed all the bad news on November 7th. The shutdown has been priced into this thing for the past month.

Now, all we have to talk about is how damn prudent Terry and Co. are when it comes to protecting SEG's value.
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:46 am

The "glass is half full" view is that he is able to go to care and maintenence instead of BK and wait for Ag, Pb and Zn prices to recover
Back to top Go down
mshen11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:04 pm

i dont know the company but here is the question i would ask...

could SEG last in care + maintenance mode for 2+ years?
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:54 am

That's my question...how long can they be in care and maintenance (and then what? ...a massive dilution with PP shares at a few pennies)

(That's a good research question for Bull...hopefully he will release his findings to non-subscribers shortly after giving his subscribers a fair chance to buy or sell)
Back to top Go down
mshen11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:35 am

i see even the renowned GORO is diluting more and more. im come to the conclusion that is the name of the game in juniors.

if SEG cant last two years+ w/out more capital, i wouldnt touch them w/ a 10ft pole (im more and more intrigued but havent plunged and bought - because like i said the share price is still downward trend).
Back to top Go down
silverman

Male Number of posts : 163
Emploi : Engineering

PostSubject: SEG status....Emailed Terry   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:15 am

Terry said that " They are still on care and maintenance...looking for cash, which is hard to find."

What I see is dilution coming..when and how much..who knows.

I will keep my shares for now.
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:39 am

Thanks for the update. Cash will be easier to find if silver stays high(er) and energy stays low. I'm keeping mine too, especially since PinkSheets shares have a wider spread
Back to top Go down
md1

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:46 pm

Thanks as well Silverman for the update.

I've recently added some shares, will probably add some
more in further weakness on price.

I believe that with higher silver prices coming (hopefully the
uptrend has started), once they start up the mine, the shares
will quickly shoot up.(at least a quick profit trade will happen
for some people).

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Jim

Number of posts : 1077
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Silver Eagle Mines (SEG.TO)   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:15 am

Back to top Go down
silverbud

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:58 pm

Up 40% on decent volume -250K. Hope this trend continues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEG Freebie
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silver Bull Report Forum :: Silver Bull Report Member Forum :: Stock Tip Forum-
Jump to: