Silver Bull Report Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)

Go down 
+5
RandyH
danamas
bbbho
EarthMonkey
bull
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Empty
PostSubject: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 7:10 pm

Let the discussion begin.

Dia Bras website
http://www.diabras.com
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
EarthMonkey

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Drill results?   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 9:46 pm

Any good drill results in their properties? Which properties are they currently working on?
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Working on Bolivar and Cusi'   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 10:03 pm

EarthMonkey,

DIB has an extremely aggressive drill program, for this year. I understand 100,000 meters.

They have already gotten some very good results
http://www.diabras.com/en/newscenter/2007/pr_2007_03_27.php

Quote :

Drilling of both the Fernandez and the Rosario trends returned high-grade intercepts. Moreover, along the recently discovered Selena breccia zone, part of the Fernandez trend, an intersection yielded 21.0 m grading 3.3% Cu and 22.3% Zn. Several holes in this lens returned high grades of copper and zinc. Furthermore, four (4) holes intersected massive sulfide in the Rosario trend, where the best section returned 8 metres grading 33.8% Zn and 0.7% Cu. The Fernandez and Rosario lenses are part of the Upper Skarn Unit at Bolivar.

Quote :
Dia Bras Exploration Inc. (DIB-V) ("Dia Bras or the "Company") is pleased to announce additional high-grade silver values from its Cusi property in the State of Chihuahua, Mexico. Re-assay of drill core yielded 35.4 Kg/t Ag over 0.4 meters from La India. In addition, channel sampling in Santa Edwiges yielded 2.7Kg/t Ag over 3.62 meters. Both of these mines are owned 100% by the Company

LA INDIA
On October 3, 2006 the Company announced a drill intersection of 1.4 meters grading over 10,000 g/t Ag (>10 Kg/t) from the drilling program at La India. Over-assay data by Chemex reveals two matters of interest: 1) the Ag content of the drill intercept is 35,442 g/t Ag (35.4 Kg/t); and, 2) the lab reversed the Company’s sample numbers, and the drill intercept is 0.4 m, not 1.4 m. The sample interval is 200.4 to 200.8 meters from drill hole DC06B012.
Back to top Go down
EarthMonkey

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 10:24 pm

Great drill results!!

I read from their web site that they are going to start a pilot mining program to mine the silver deposit from Cusi mine. Do u know when they are going to start mining and how much silver they are expecting to get from this pilot program this year? Any idea about the average cash cost to mine the stuff?

I read from their website that they plan to mine another 96k tonne of slightly lower grade Zn and Cu. Do you know the average metal grade in the Boliva deposit and the estimated size?

Happy Trading!!

...EarthMonkey
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 10:35 pm

I am not too sure when the second pilot mill will be up and running, ditto for the grades running through the bolivar mill. I think they said they did 30 mill from the production last year and that was at much less TPD, as they recently went from 300 TPD to 850.

I will get a lot more info over the next days, I speak almost zero french, but I certainly will find someone who can answer my questions in more detail.

http://www.diabras.com/en/newscenter/2007/pr_2007_01_10.php

The above link provides some insight to last years production. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EarthMonkey

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 10:59 pm

I will look forward to receving more updates from you.

In the mean time, can you please tell us how did you derive the 200 million ounces of silver you think they can drill up?

BTW, I bought some DIB today base on the most recent drill results and your speculation that they may have millions ounces of silver. It is a great pick!!

...EarthMonkey
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: 200 MILLION oz?   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 11:39 pm

The Cusi has 12 old, very high grade, former producing mines. Cusi' is actually an entire mining district, granted it may not be as previlant as the Zacetecas district, but never the less it is very substantial. DIB's Cusi' property is 79 square KM's, that is huge! They have already hit some very impressive grades and from my initial look, it seems that the geology is similar to that of Arians San Jose mine. Obviously high grade veins are the most exiting, but there is absolutely huge potential in the deeper sulphides, especially, when you take the base metals along with the gold. I must study the drills a little closer, the ones we have so far at least, but the silver EQ from the likes of 33% zinc can add up very quickly.
Just the property, under modern exploration tech, is very exciting, given how massive it is. Today recovery rates are much better than they were in the 1920's. ust imagine all the gold sitting in the old mine dumps.

More as I get a better handle on the whole situation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EarthMonkey

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 12:08 am

Just finished glancing their historical technical report. I like some of the Ag and Zn grades. I agree, there could be some hugh deposits in the Cusi area.

http://www.diabras.com/pdf/cusi/Cusi_Technical_Report_December_2006.pdf

Thanks!!

...EarthMonkey
Back to top Go down
bbbho

Male Number of posts : 11
Emploi : invstor
Registration date : 2007-05-25

PostSubject: chart   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 6:17 am

Hi Leonard,
How is their Chart perfomance...and how much is their cash in bank..

Thanks in advance,I will buy some in these coming days.
Bbbho
Back to top Go down
danamas

danamas

Male Number of posts : 60
Emploi : Airline Pilot
Loisirs : Investing
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: From A Technical Perspective   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 9:14 am

The Dia Bras chart timing looks good. The 200 dma has been tested and held. The slow stochastics shows a good buy point with a bullish crossover as well as macd bottoming and starting up. The little blue histograms are shrinking (positive) as well as RSI turning upward at about 50. This al looks good from a TA viewpoint. Thats my 2 cents worth for DIB.v.

Last edited by on Thu May 31, 2007 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 9:26 am

Quote :
Hi Leonard,
How is their Chart perfomance...and how much is their cash in bank..

Dan speaks well, as far as the chart goes, and cash? DIB has $15 million on hand as of yesterday.
Back to top Go down
bbbho

Male Number of posts : 11
Emploi : invstor
Registration date : 2007-05-25

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 1:52 pm

I bought at 1.36-37 today.Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Higher volume   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 2:04 pm

Looks like the volume in DIB is continuing to ramp up, something is up, wonder who is buying? There must be a write up or report coming out Wink
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 8:33 am

Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 11:28 pm

I was very fortunate to get the field package, from the recent site visit to DIB. My understanding is the visit occured two weeks ago. I have been going through it and will soon post my findings. I can say things look very good. It is interesting that DIB says, they believe that, the Cusi property has the potential to host 500 Million oz silver. As you all probably remember, my estimate was 200 million oz potential. I believe their estimate is for pure silver oz, not silver equivalent. The numbers we are talking about are truly astounding! The drill results hold their own and a steady continuation of past results, simply will add up to, what is a massive resource.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: My growing understanding of DIB.v   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:44 am

I am not sure where to begin, in conveying my impressions of DIB's properties and the company's ambitions. I immediately understood that management has foresight and conviction in their activities in Mexico. Also, it became clearly apparent to me, early on in the discovery of this gem...better yet, crown of jewels, that DIB's situatin is rather unique. DIB has been in Mexico since 2003, poking around looking for assets, and have found, what I believe to be worthy of the extremely impressive team, assembled at DIB.

Since 2003 Dia Bras has raised an impessive 47 Million dollars and in 2004 aquired the Promontorio and Bolivar properties. Promontorio is a high-sulfidation copper and gold deposit, while the Bolivar is skarn hosted copper/zinc

The Bolivar property covers an amazing 75 sqaure kms and in 2004 DIB was able to aquire the Bolivar mine, which has a foot print of 98 hectares, in the heart of the main property.

DIB's management quickly came to the conclusion, that pilot mining could start immediately, given the excellent conditions of the old mine workings and because of enormous amount of high-grade mineraization exposed, in and around the area. I just can't say enough, for management who finds ore and processes it; I mean, this is what mining is all about! Well, thats exactly what they have done. DIB's pilot-mining project has been bringing in positive cash flow since 2005. This strategy is rather unique from the average explorer out there, in that they are way ahead of the curve, as related to logistics, operating costs and metallurgy, when the time comes to put together a feasiblity study. I understand that this is a priority and I anxiously look forward to it coming out this year. I should also note, that this, not so little pilot- mining operation (850 tpd soon to be 1400tpd) is financing entirely, the 11 company owned drills working to expose the tremendous potential of DIB's properties.

In 2006 Dia Bras aquired the entire Cusihuiriachic silver district and has been drilling up a storm, with absolutely mind boggling results.

The "Cusi" has yeilded over 120 million oz of silver in it's long and storied history, which dates back to 1600's Cusi was never allowed to reach it potential due to the contiually interrupted and scattered mining. This is the only time the entire district has ever been controlled by one entity, that of course being DIB. The property hosts 12 former mines, of which only 2 run deeper than 200 meters (I will get into more detail, why this is so exciting, as I get into the geology). The Cusi has over 90 kms of cumulative strike length of viens, no wonder they OWN 8 surface drills. Cusi's geology is similar to the world-famous Parral mining camp, which has produced the most silver of them all, a whopping 1,300,000,000 oz

There are many areas in the Cusi district, that can provide feed stock for the Dia Bras mill at Malpaso, immediately. I want to take a closer look at some of them.

The Santa Edwiges-Santa-Promontorio area is an area of complex veining due to the intersection of multiple veins with the major Cusi fault. High grades of silver have been located in the Santa Edwiges mine. The Santa Edwidges channel sample is one of 28 collected from a structure exposed in a crosscut on the first level of the mine, in an area that is being developed for early exploitation. Material will be trucked 38 km to the Malpaso mill and processed in the mills new 500 tpd circut. In total 28 channel samples averaged 334.3 g/t siver, 1.01% lead and 0.30% zinc. It is important to understand, that the true width of this structure is 10 metres in width and is accessible with LHD (load, haul, dump) equipment.

Lets take a look at the San Antonio Pit. The San Antonio Pit was mined by open-pit methods, by the Spaniards, and Dia Bras has now identified much more tonnage that they will mine this year. The average grade of oxidized ore is 238 g/t. I think it is very important to understand that, 238 g/t is very economical in itself, even after oxidation, obviously the grades would be much higher, before the silver was leached out. The good news is, that both oxidized and sulphide-bearing zones occur in the district. I think it is very likely that, rich supergene zones of silver are just waiting to be discovered. Soon we will know just how much.

The Promontorio Mine I find very interesting. The mine consists of 8 or so vein systems, starting at or near surface, dipping steeply and intersecting from 75m to 200m below surface. Mine workings consist of 5 levels, varying from 40m to 200m in length. A mine shaft has been driven down through the 9th level at the central location, of the majority of vein intersections. The vein systems at the Promontorio mine are expressed as broad stockwork breccia zones. These breccia zones are silver-mineralized and Dia Bras has now deployed two of their many drills to explore the potential, represented by this very prospective area.

Dia Bras has stated that they intend to drive a ramp to the untapped resources in the Promontorio mine this year. I like the fact that high grade ore can be extracted very easily from this mine, such as from level 6/El Gallo vein intersection, which has relinguished the following grades. 1.8 metres @ 759 g/t Ag over a strike length of 45 metres, including high-grade segments such as 1.44 metres @ 5,800 g/t Ag and .18 metre @ 15,340 g/t Ag. Dia Bras has declared that they intend to drive deep shafts to mine the untouched portions of these veins and to mine several veins simultaneously at a rate of 2000 to 3000 TPD. I don't have to tell you, how much revenue that would bring in.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 9:14 am

Thats some nice drilling. cheers

http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/story/CCNM.20070619.397717_1/GIStory/

Print E-mail Share Text SizeWiden this Page
News from Marketwire

DIA BRAS Drills 1.5 Metres of 8,310 g/t Ag at Cusi Within 9.0 Metres of 1,651 g/t Ag at the Promontorio Silver Mine in the Cusi District

09:10 EDT Tuesday, June 19, 2007

MONTREAL, QUEBEC--(CCNMatthews - June 19, 2007) - Dia Bras Exploration Inc. (TSX VENTURE:DIB) is pleased to announce more high grade silver intersections from its ongoing drill program on the Cusi property, located in the State of Chihuahua, Mexico.

HOLE DC07B101-B

Hole DC07B101-B was drilled to test the main, SW-dipping Promontorio vein (Vein "A") and cut the vein 20 metres above Level 7(see PR of May 8, 2007) where it encountered 8.3 Kg of silver over a drill width of 1.5 metres, which represents about 1.0 metre true width. This interval is within a 9.0 metres drill width (about 6 metres true width) that averages 1.65 Kg of silver. The hole also encountered two additional zones of veining further down the hole that are interpreted to be from NE-dipping secondary veins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
From To Width Au Ag Cu Pb Zn
(g/t) (g/t) (%) (%) (%)
98.0 107.0 9.0 0.01 1,651 0.19 0.35 0.10
Incl.102.5 107.0 4.5 0.01 3,203 0.37 0.48 0.12
Incl.105.5 107.0 1.5 less than.005 8,310 0.90 1.12 0.24
116.0 117.5 1.5 0.06 780 0.09 1.22 0.04
147.5 150.5 3.0 0.01 236 0.08 0.24 0.45

Drilling at Promontorio continues with one of the company's diamond drill rigs, while a second rig continues to drill the San Marina - San Antonio structure (see below) and another rig is drilling the Santa Edwiges mine main structure along strike and down dip.

HOLE DC07B100

Hole DC07B100, which was drilled to test the Santa Marina structure, intersected a 1.5 metre section averaging 0.31 g/t Au, 777 g/t Ag, 0.17 Cu, 1.62% Pb and 1.63% Zn, as well as a 4.5 metre section that assayed 0.06 g/t Au, 10 g/t Ag, 0.2% Cu, 1.48% Pb and 2.12% Zn.

---------------------------------------------------------------
From To Width Au Ag Cu Pb Zn
(g/t) (g/t) (%) (%) (%)
66.0 67.5 1.5 0.31 777 0.17 1.62 1.63
268.5 273.0 4.5 0.06 10 0.02 1.48 2.12

Comments

These results are highly encouraging in light of the on-going 25,000-metre diamond drilling program. Up to present, close to 9000 metres of core drilling have been completed on the Cusi Project. Additional drilling will aim at continuing defining the resources potential of the major Ag (Zn-Pb) vein structures of the Promontorio, Santa Marina -San Antonio and Santa Edwiges mines, all historical producers. The high grade of silver in Hole 101-B is consistent with the historical data previously reported (May 8, 2007) that indicate significant amounts of un-mined silver mineralized rock in the Promontorio mine.

San Francisco Gold Forum

Dr. Thomas L. Robyn, Executive Chairman, will speak at the San Francisco Gold Forum 2007 on Wednesday, June 20, 2007, at 2:10 p.m. (Pacific Time). Dr. Robyn will present an overview of the Company's strategy and the development of the full potential of the Bolivar and Cusi properties.

Interested parties may register for the Conference's webcast through the following link http://events.onlinebroadcasting.com/denvergold/061907/index.php. If you are unable to participate during the live webcast, the conference will be available for replay at http://events.onlinebroadcasting.com/denvergold/061907/index.php or in the Investor Relations section of the Dia Bras web site www.diabras.com/presentation.php.

Stock option

The Board granted a total of 250,000 options to purchase common shares in the Company to its new directors, Mr. Mario Caron and Daniel Tellechea. All options have an exercise price of $1.28 and an exercise period of five years.

Method of analysis

The samples were analyzed by ICP and AA methods by Chemex at their facilities in Vancouver, Canada.

The technical content of this news release has been approved by Francois Auclair, P. Geo. and Vice-President, Exploration of Dia Bras, a Qualified Person as defined in NI43-101.

About Dia Bras

Dia Bras is a Canadian exploration mining company focused on precious and base metals in the State of Chihuahua, in northern Mexico. The Company is committed to developing and adding value to its assets - the Bolivar copper-zinc project and the newly acquired Cusi silver mining camp. The Company trades on the TSX Venture Exchange, under the symbol "DIB".

For further information on Dia Bras, visit www.diabras.com

Forward-looking statements:

Except for statements of historical fact, all statements in this news release, without limitation, regarding new projects, acquisitions, future plans and objectives are forward-looking statements which involve risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate; actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements.

Maps are available at the following links :

http://www.ccnmatthews.com/docs/dibm.pdf

http://www.ccnmatthews.com/docs/dibm2.pdf

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

Dia Bras Exploration
Thomas L. Robyn
Executive Chairman
514-393-8875
Back to top Go down
RandyH

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 1:43 pm

Good to hear about your upcoming mine visit to Dia Bras later in Sept. Looks like will have to get a second home in Mexico to cut down on travel costs. You'll be hard pressed to get the Fort Frances field work done before the snow flies this year!
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 2:19 am

I am pretty sure my uncle is counting on it. I think I will make down right after my DIB trip. what do you think? Good time?
Back to top Go down
RandyH

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 4:25 pm

Sounds like a good time to go. (before the snow flies in late Oct/Nov!)
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 11:50 pm

Hey Randy!

I just Talked with my uncle, George. He thinks mid October would be a great time.

I have a couple projects in mind close to Fort Frances/International Falls. Do you have anything interesting in mind?
Back to top Go down
RandyH

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:21 pm

Len - Mid October sounds like a good time. I'll touch base later during the week about some of the projects...
Back to top Go down
mmock

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 1:34 am

To Admin,

How was the calcuation performed $1000 per tonne? I went to the link below but did not understand what I was looking at.

Thank you.

[quote="Admin"]BONANZA!!! $1000 DOLLAR PER TONNE, WOW!!! bounce

http://www.diabras.com/en/newscenter/2007/pr_2007_06_07.php
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 6:07 am

mmock wrote:
To Admin,

How was the calcuation performed $1000 per tonne? I went to the link below but did not understand what I was looking at.

Thank you.

[quote="Admin"]BONANZA!!! $1000 DOLLAR PER TONNE, WOW!!! bounce

http://www.diabras.com/en/newscenter/2007/pr_2007_06_07.php

One tonne is 2200 pounds, so 4.05% of 2200 is 89.1 pounds x $3.43 (copper price)=$305.61

Same goes for zinc 22.1% of 2200 is 486.2 pounds x $1.26 (zinc price)=$612.61

$305.61+$612.61=$918 per tonne of dirt. Metals prices have come down a liitle since I posted $1000 per tonne.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:21 pm

Insiders may be starting to buy DIB

I wish there was no delay in the info I get here.

http://canadianinsider.com/coReport/allTransactions.php?ticker=dib

Last edited by on Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)   DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIA BRAS (DIB.v) or (DBEXF)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silver Bull Report Forum :: Silver Bull Report Member Forum :: Stock Tip Forum-
Jump to: