Silver Bull Report Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Options on Yamana

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jeanvaljean

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2007-10-23

Options on Yamana Empty
PostSubject: Options on Yamana   Options on Yamana Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:02 pm

Perhaps it would be a good time to buy some call options on Yamana. The price is near its low range and the RSI looks oversold. Monday will be the expiry date for gold and silver metals options. I think the 12.50 strike with expiry in Jan 09 would be suitable. I will note that this idea is not mine. I got it from http://www.gold-prices.biz. I am humble enough to get good ideas from others, and if it makes me money, I'll gladly be called a monkey for it. Smile
Back to top Go down
jeanvaljean

Options on Yamana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Options on Yamana   Options on Yamana Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:29 am

I have thought of other option plays in the PM sector. I would not use options as a general strategy year round. (Pardon me if this sound obvious to those of you who are well informed.) But they are ideal as volatility plays when exploiting seasonality. In many cases the juniors have not provided the expected volatility when coming into the fall season. As senior producers don't give much in the way of leverage as stock investments, I think that options provide that way of exploiting more predicable leverage in the seniors as the PM complex hits oversold levels in late summer. I am looking at Kinross Gold and GLD, the gold trust for good price points and oversold conditions that can give a good deal on option strategies. I think Jan09 Kinross options with a strike price of $20.00 could provide such an opportunity. Last week these call options had good prices that could give reasonable expectations of around 100% profits. At some point the underlying GLD shares in August could provide a good opportunity for such entry as well. Try to look for well priced at the money options as this seems to be the least risky contract. I have not made any hard and fast suggestions on KGC or GLD. As you know, give yourself stop loss and time limits to minimize losses if at some point things should go against you.

Last edited by jeanvaljean on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Usage, misspellings)
Back to top Go down
jeanvaljean

Options on Yamana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Options on Yamana   Options on Yamana Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:19 pm

This might be a good time to buy options on GLD. GLD at 84.40 in August is mighty cheap. I would suggest 950 strike price with Jan09 expiry. Please refer to http://www.gold-prices.biz/buy-gold-call-options/ for more details.
Back to top Go down
jeanvaljean

Options on Yamana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Options on Yamana   Options on Yamana Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Mr. Sam Kirtley of gold-prices.net appears to know what he is doing, but I do have to say I should have bought in smaller tranches options on Yamana Gold as at one point I was at a 60% loss on the options. Such strategy may have given me a better average in price. As of now with averaging down( I averaged in at $1.95 per contract) and a rebound in the PM Markets, I am only at a 25% paper loss, which is comparable to the dogs in my portfolio with over 50% in paper losses. Sad If past is prologue I see my juniors slightly rising in the fall, but not fully recouping my losses. I feel that I can expect to be in the green with Yamana options by October w/ a 100% profit. If I can follow Mr. Kirtly's advice and take 100% profits with an expectations of the traditional January sell off in view, I could with proper acumen do another setup for another 100% profit, but I get ahead of myself. I think it is an excellent idea that Bull would hire Mr. Junkin as a chartist/market timer. I see a portfolio as having half a core position with other half devoted to market timing as one good scenario, but of course you may want to fine tune that according to your preference for risk. I would like to humbly submit that I am just a rank amateur at this sort of thing. The best of luck to my fellow junior mining investors. God knows we have suffered enough.
Back to top Go down
jeanvaljean

Options on Yamana Empty
PostSubject: Crossover MACD Signal on Yamana Chart   Options on Yamana Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:07 am

Options on Yamana Auycro10

This is good; the black line has crossed over the red line. I have a feeling I am going to in clover. Basketball
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Options on Yamana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Options on Yamana   Options on Yamana Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:28 am

jeanvaljean wrote:

Quote :
This is good; the black line has crossed over the red line. I have a feeling I am going to in clover.

Yes, you may! Cool

Sometimes it's not all it's cracked up to be, not that I would know, but so I hear. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
jeanvaljean

Options on Yamana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Options on Yamana   Options on Yamana Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:32 am

bull wrote:
jeanvaljean wrote:

Quote :
This is good; the black line has crossed over the red line. I have a feeling I am going to in clover.

Yes, you may! Cool

Sometimes it's not all it's cracked up to be, not that I would know, but so I hear. Wink

I'll keep my fingers crossed as well. lol!
Back to top Go down
jeanvaljean

Options on Yamana Empty
PostSubject: RBC analyst bullish on Yamana Gold   Options on Yamana Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:57 pm

http://www.fool.com/news/associated-press/2008/08/20/rbc-analyst-bullish-on-yamana-gold.aspx

RBC analyst bullish on Yamana Gold
By Associated Press
August 20, 2008
Comment (0)
Recommend (0)

RBC Capital Markets raised its outlook on Yamana Gold Inc. to "Outperform" from "Sector Perform" on Wednesday, citing a positive outlook for gold and the Canadian company's growth plans.

Yamana shares closed Tuesday at $10.41. They've traded in a 52-week range of $9.26 to $19.93.

In a note to clients, RBC analyst Michael Curran said he viewed the drop in gold prices in recent months as "the summer doldrums."

"Whether or not last Friday's intraday low of $772/oz proves to be the summer 2008 low for gold, we believe many gold equities are at attractive entry points for a subsequent seasonal rally in the fall or later this year," Curran wrote.

As for Yamana, Curran said strong growth plans and liquid gold equities have led shares to realize higher leverage to the price of gold than several other large-cap producers.

RBC maintained its 12-month price target for Yamana at $17 a share.

Yamana, based in Toronto, has operations in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Central America and the United States.
Back to top Go down
jeanvaljean

Options on Yamana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Options on Yamana   Options on Yamana Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:59 pm

As it stand now the Yamana option is only worth 5 cents. I suppose I could wait for some miracle or I could sell it for some beer money. I heard that Jim Willie, John Embry and Jurg Kiener had spoken of a gold default in December. I don't know if that is just so much nonsense or if I should wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Options on Yamana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Options on Yamana   Options on Yamana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Options on Yamana
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silver Bull Report Forum :: Silver Bull Report Member Forum :: Stock Tip Forum-
Jump to: