Silver Bull Report Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SEG Freebie

Go down 
+15
silverman
nuwrldudder
keith
xdrywall
Sam Spaiser
dz20854
Henk
loogan
RandyH
silverbud
Boomer
md1
studbkr
mshen11
bull
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

SEG Freebie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:12 pm

http://stockhouse.com/Bullboards/SymbolList.aspx?s=SEG&t=LIST

Looks like "Tapout" has been fairly busy. He must really hate Terry. What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
RandyH

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:07 pm

Would a rise in silver prices to the $14-$15 range be enough to generate sufficient cash flow for SEG if base metal prices stay low?
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:15 pm

RandyH wrote:
Would a rise in silver prices to the $14-$15 range be enough to generate sufficient cash flow for SEG if base metal prices stay low?

Yes, I do believe it would. They are not running much below break-even now, at least from what I can devine.I have talked to Terry about strategy on how to maximize returns from silver sales, four or five times. I have even offered major life changes on my behalf to help.

I wrote in the subscribers area a little about their options, this afternoon. I am very curious as to what is being discussed. Subscribers also know that today was a big day for Terry. So it will be interesting to find out how things went. I will try to get in touch with Terry on Mon...there wasn't much point in it today because he was in meetings, and it is percisely that which I want info on.
Back to top Go down
loogan

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: copied from another forum...   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:45 am

The phrasing of the release was brutally honest.

This is occuring... We've hired this firm... We are running low on reserves... very low metals prices... considering care and maintenance...

These are all brutal truths, and it is not Terry's fault if the market reacts a certain way to a brutal truth. Read between the lines though, and we see concentrate which has not been sold yet, a mill operating at over 500 ton per day, and a sincere desire to protect the shareholders.

This story is no different than all the other juniors who are running out of cash, except that SEG has explained their situation clearly and as they are now a producer, THEY HAVE OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO THEM.

Just mentioning M&A moves stocks upward in a regular market, doesn't it?
The way he threw so many ugly scenarios into this release makes me think there is another, dramatically contrasting bit of info waiting for release.

I tell ya, I would not like to be short commodities when the new world financial order is announced beginning next week. I would much prefer to be short Sears, Best Buy, GM, and CIBC. Or not short at all.. and making money honestly.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
Henk

Henk

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:06 am

bull wrote:
studbkr wrote:
Bull, Care to comment to non-subscribers on this?

I have an active TRADE ALERT on SEG for paid subscribers, so my comments here will have to wait a day, or two.
Finally two days have past. Did you give a sell-advice?
Back to top Go down
mshen11

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:29 am

in regards to SEG and M&A... if they get acquired, everyone who got in at above $.40 will have permanent losses:

why? theres no way buyer would pay 400%+ over current stock price. so that would be the ceiling. what is the floor? the stock would probably rally 100% to 200% up to the buy price.

im assuming the buyer is very big. after the acquisition, the buyer's stock would languish as it digests the M&A. also big miners dont go up as much pricewise.

our juniors being acquired now is the worst that could happen to us.
Back to top Go down
studbkr

Number of posts : 902

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:05 am

I mostly agree....M&A when the stock is in the toilet removes the evetual chance of a table-pounding sure-fire 10-bagger (JH Forum humor) and does not get us back where most people bought in
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:54 am

Henk wrote:
bull wrote:
studbkr wrote:

I have an active TRADE ALERT on SEG for paid subscribers, so my comments here will have to wait a day, or two.

Two trading days seems appropriate.

shelby has sent me 5 emails with his thoughts, analysis and letters to Terry. I have posted them in the paid subscribers area. Two of you have signed up for the paid service, but have not yet registered for the paid forum. I am starting to post more there, so hopefully I see you there.
Back to top Go down
mshen11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:23 pm

what two forums are cohabitating now that both of you are banned from JH and hes not in yours?
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:27 pm

Bull has a subscribers forum, plus this one for non-subscribers
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:12 am

Henk wrote:
bull wrote:
studbkr wrote:

The TRADE ALERT was a buy under 10c. Which I believe will turn out very well. Lead inventories are drying up like dew drops in the Sahara.
http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical.html
Back to top Go down
md1

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Coach's thoughts   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 5:58 pm

In case anyone cared, here are Coach's thoughts on SEG that he posted
today:

"It looks like SEG has found a bottom here, holding steady at 7.5 cents on light volume while the rest of the sector is under presure today. There is some good bid support at this range as well showing on level 2 market depth.

The key point in all of this is that SEG has no debt, so while the ability to fund ongoing exploration and mine development is currently in question, there is no party that can force the company into bankruptcy. SEG is being proactive to keep shareholders informed, and working to resolve the issues.

I think we saw capitulation selling the last couple days, as people just gave up on the story and took their losses. As I have posted this week, I do not think the situation is a writeoff. I think there is enough value in the company to attract capital or generate a new business combination that will see the mine continue operating through the current cash flow difficulties. It remains to be seen whether the metals prices are a short term dip or a serious trend lower, but I am betting that this will be resolved positively within a few weeks.

cheers!

mike
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 7:14 pm

md1, thanks for the cross-posting on SEG...it's good to see other views outside our little Forum
Back to top Go down
mshen11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:45 am

if it werent for the lack of funds, id jump in to SEG.

however my jumping in point would have to be indicated by the end of the downtrend. wait and see what happens at .065... do we get a double bottom or do we get a reversal?

silver looks like its attempting another double bottom. i dont know where silver will go at this point. i said i would be selling around $7+ to $8 range - i KNOW that level is going to have a lot of resistence.
Back to top Go down
silverbud

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:47 pm

I hold the pink sheet version svegf and just saw it is down to .0512. Low volume though. I think many people have just plain and simply given up on the juniors.
Back to top Go down
mshen11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:16 pm

now that ive observed this stock for a few days... danger signs spring up in my mind.

the TA of this chart is what i call flatline. everyone has placed their bets and are in wait mode (based on the news). this stock will have a rhino horn up or down depending on the resultant news.

how much up side? how much downside? from experience the upside will be big but not as big as the possible downside. and from a mathematical perspective, more likely than not the result is down.

im not trying to contract anyone's news. i based the analysis on my experience looking at charts and nothing else. i change my mind... id stay away personally. in this situation, the pending news will dictate the charts. if no news, the charts will drift lower.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:19 pm

Thanks for convincing me to buy another 20,000 shares @ $0.08 Wink

What the heck, I'll make it 21,000. lol!

Tell ya what...I'll back that up with an order for 100,000 shares @ $0.075

If you put 100,000 for sale @ $0.08, I'll take that as well.

Gonna sell me some? Basketball
Back to top Go down
loogan

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 8:25 pm

Bull, You BUM!

I was trying to pick up some more at .075 and you come in there with the .08...

The only people selling at this point are the ones who are too seasick to continue another day... capitulation... resignation.

The story with this stock, like so many others is this: After this 'deflationary scare' is over, the dollar will begin to turn into the dust it's made of, and metals will shine. Hold on... Christmas IS coming!
Back to top Go down
dz20854

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 10:24 pm

I was the buyer in the morning, and Bull was the buyer in the afternoon.

Not the first time this has happened. lol!

Loogan, you may get an even better price than today's-- that's what happens in a deflation.

Very few longs still standing. Will half of the juniors go under, as some predict? What's it going to take for a turnaround? The G20 countries to agree on a re-flation?

Perhaps Silver Eagle should merge with SNS. As we have seen, there are worse things that could happen to SNS's cash than to use it to keep SEG afloat until markets improve. By the way, Silver Wheaton's ownership in SNS may not mean much-- look at what happened to Revett Minerals (RVM) today-- they are also one of Silver Wheaton's "beneficiaries".

Also added heavily to my position in PCM today. Maybe they should try and sell Ryan and its mill, to raise money, even though the price would be depressed.
Back to top Go down
loogan

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 am

After I have my position hashed out and it's moving upwards again, I will be taking possession of my certificates. The next big scam to hit the markets (especially the TSX) will be outing of the naked shorts. If all the brokers are scrambling to buy back 'real' shares, there should be added momentum, on top of the hyperinflationary panic.

Is anyone else going to take possession (of some, if not all)
I'll keep a float for trading I think, but I really want to slam these assholes...
Shelby was always dreaming of a coordinated effort to sort out the shorts, one company at a time.

Cooperation would be nice, but I'm looking to take care of myself first.
Back to top Go down
Sam Spaiser

Sam Spaiser

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:01 am

Anyone have an opinion on First Majestic? Looks like a promising late stage junior producer, 4.5 million ounces this year. I guess the question is, do they have enough capital to stay afloat? That's the big question with a lot of these smaller mining companies. Some will have to be the Titanics and I think that's what dz20854 is referring to. It's important to look at the financials of the company and to make sure they are sound. Pick companies that have a surplus of capital that won't get slapped in the face from an inability to obtain financing.
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:49 pm

Yup, I like FR and have some I paid 3 bucks for. They just annonced quarterly financials and are selling retail silver on their web site for $13....way before Shelby and JH
Back to top Go down
md1

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:47 pm

Down to .05 cents today.

Are they going bankrupt? or is the bottom close?

I'm looking to add some soon.
I keep waiting to see a bottom
and it still keeps going lower affraid

Cheers
Back to top Go down
xdrywall

Male Number of posts : 5
Emploi : Robins & Morton

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:01 pm

I broke out the piggy bank and doubled my shares at .12 cents. Moved into the hold and wait mode. As this stock continues to implode I'm wondering if they are going belly up.

Bull, give me a reason to Hope!

At these prices I may need to dig deeper.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:18 pm

xdrywall wrote:
I broke out the piggy bank and doubled my shares at .12 cents. Moved into the hold and wait mode. As this stock continues to implode I'm wondering if they are going belly up.

Bull, give me a reason to Hope!

At these prices I may need to dig deeper.

No need to rush. The reason I now own more shares than ever is because I know Terry has his whole financial future on the line here. Lead is evaporating from the worlds wharehouses, SEG can go to custom milling, raise a small amount of money, and keep things rolling until BM's prices pick-up. We have tax-loss selling now. I keep picking away.

In the final analysis, I believe SEG will not only make it through this tough period, but will in fact be stronger after this baptismal of fire. Character is built on successfully navigating difficult circumstances-I believe Terry has good character and is not easily dissuaded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEG Freebie
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silver Bull Report Forum :: Silver Bull Report Member Forum :: Stock Tip Forum-
Jump to: