Silver Bull Report Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)

Go down 
+7
silverman
Grassburner
mshen11
FSB
scanmin
bull
studbkr
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RandyH

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-07-20

Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)   Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:42 am

That video is a hoot! It certainly lightened up my day. Can't believe it is on the internet.
Back to top Go down
soxfan

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)   Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi boys, I thought I would come over to Bull's sandbox and stir things up a bit! hehehehe

As for Baja I just backed up the truck and bought more. I must say that I was DISGUSTED by Jason's stunt. He savages the company and then a couple of days later comes out and says that it is still a "screaming buy" AFTER his kool aid drinkers sold their shares. I hope that Baja seeks legal recourse.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)   Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi Soxfan!

It's just "FANDAMTASTIC" to have you join us.
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
studbkr

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)   Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 1:26 pm

Jason's sheep can stop subscribing if they don't like his style. In the meantime, I picked-up some shares at a great price from one of his sheep...
Back to top Go down
soxfan

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)   Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 1:32 pm

Thanks for the kind welcome, Bull. I should have added that I purchased the baja warrants rather than the actual shares. Soxfan likes leverage! Smile

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
danamas

danamas

Male Number of posts : 60
Emploi : Airline Pilot
Loisirs : Investing
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)   Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 2:00 pm

I sold all my Baja the other day. This financing is too confusing in regards to the hedge. I agree with Jason Hommel about this hedging but I could be wrong. I agree with the tone of Shelby and Jason, I don't like it. I have moved on to other greener pastures of investment. There are so many opportunities out there and many will be winners. A large copper project with hedging is not my cup of tea. It will still make money but I think that the other gold and silver plays are more enticing!
Back to top Go down
danamas

danamas

PostSubject: Re: Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)   Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 2:35 pm

Guys. I think that Jason has admitted his error by posting a revision to his original diatribe against Baja. I agree, it was somewhat tasteless and rude. I agree that the hedging by Baja was not openly discussed to defer negative comments like Jason's as far as I know. Like I said, Baja is going to make money on copper. I think that there is more money to be made on silver and gold stocks than on Baja and other copper stocks. I hope all of us do well in our investments. Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
scanmin

scanmin

Male Number of posts : 11
Emploi : Miner
Loisirs : Digging
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)   Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 2:27 am

Yep... He's done it again... Exclamation

Love this comment "The difference to shareholders could be the difference between a share price of $27/share vs. $39/share!"... This while we sit at just a tad over $2... When I get the 10 bagger, let me then worry about hedges !

Having said that this seems like a nice pump... Should result in BAJ going up a few cents on Monday ! On 588k shares, every 17c is another $100k... Suspect
Back to top Go down
danamas

danamas

PostSubject: Re: Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)   Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 8:19 am

scanmin:

Nice hat! It looks like you've been at this a while from the looks of it! Very Happy You should stop smoking though.
Back to top Go down
duckncover

duckncover

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)   Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:00 pm

Is anyone still in Baja? Recent price run-up on this news reported by Reuters.

Quote :
S.Korea to invest $276 mln in Mexico's El Boleo -paper
Sun Apr 6, 2008 8:54pm EDT

SEOUL, April 7 (Reuters) - South Korea plans to invest $276 million in the El Boleo mining project in Mexico by purchasing a stake held by Canadian group Baja Mining (BAJ.TO: Quote, Profile, Research), the Maeil Business Newspaper said on Monday.

State-run Korea Resources Corp plans to sign an agreement on Thursday to buy a part of the 10 percent stake from Baja, the report said, citing an unnamed government source.

Both the Ministry of Knowledge Economy and Korea Resources declined to comment.

Baja said in September that production at the project would start in mid-2009, with average annual output for the first four years projected at 55,750 tonnes of copper cathode, 1,535 tonnes of cobalt cathode and 6,300 tonnes of zinc contained metal.

It estimated capital costs needed to build the mine and process plant complex would be $568 million. (Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Ken Wills)

This deal has not been finalized or confirmed by Mr. Greenslade (CEO) but this is a positive sign for Baja. See below for Baja's reaction to the news release.

BAJA MINING PROVIDES CLARIFICATION

April 7, 2008

In regards to recent comments published by news media agencies, Baja Mining Corp. (the “Company”) clarifies that it is in confidential discussions with a number of industry partners in regard to the funding of the El Boleo Project, Santa Rosalia, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Other than the transactions that have already been announced by the Company to date, no further financial agreements have been entered into at this time.
Back to top Go down
duckncover

duckncover

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)   Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:50 pm

http://www.bajamining.com/_resources/BajaWelcomesKoresasPartner-April17-08FINAL.pdf

Quote :
Development Partner and Construction Financing
It is with great pleasure that Baja announces it has entered into an agreement with a Korean consortium (the “Consortium”) led by Korea Resources Corporation (“Kores”) pursuant to which the Consortium will acquire a 30% interest in the Project through the acquisition of a 30% interest in the Company’s Mexican subsidiary, Minera y Metalurgica del Boleo S.A. de C.V. (“MMB”).

As consideration for the acquisition of a 30% interest in the Project, the Consortium will provide a financing package of up to US$435 million. This will consist of an up-front cash payment to Baja, reimbursement of agreed project expenditures since completion of the DFS, payment of the Consortium’s proportionate share of project capital costs and, in conjunction with a Korean lending agency, a package of senior and subordinated debt financing. In addition, the Consortium will provide a completion guarantee in respect of its share of project financing. Through the transaction, the Consortium will also acquire a right to offtake 30% of the El Boleo mine’s production on commercial terms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)   Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baja (BAJ.TO BAJFF)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silver Bull Report Forum :: Silver Bull Report Member Forum :: Stock Tip Forum-
Jump to: