Silver Bull Report Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The "Jason Effect"

Go down 
+6
Henk
md1
RandyH
duckncover
mshen11
studbkr
10 posters
AuthorMessage
studbkr

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-05-24

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:24 am

Jason just mentioned SVG.V to his general mailing list of 60K people last night. Share price up 17% this morning. I've had some successful trades predicting what he will blurt out next to his unpaid mailing list, but I've stopped. Anybody else?
Back to top Go down
mshen11

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-09-21

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:46 am

yeah i started to notice the JH effect. i am long on TUMIF but tried to sell as much as i could during the last run up and bought it back when it dropped back.

i think its a good strategy to follow if one wants to scalp quick gains. theres usually an effect because the stocks he mentions are low volume - as a result (for TUMIF) i was not able to sell *everything* i wanted near the top... which was ok
Back to top Go down
duckncover

duckncover

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-10-04

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:12 pm

I am exiting SVG as we speak as result of this pop up in price. I am thinking it will trade back down into the 0.50 range after this mention. Might reestablish a position again after the excitement wears off. I'll get burned if they come out with some killer drill results though.

I think he hinted that his next writeup would be about Azteca. Correct me if I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
RandyH

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-07-20

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:25 pm

I think Jason will likely do a writeup on Canadian Zinc as well as Azteca which he has hinted at - so expect a good pop in the near future on both of them. With the recent increase in resources, Canadian Zinc can hopefully at least temporarily overcome some of the dragging effect the permit issue has had.
Back to top Go down
md1

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-09-23

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 2:53 pm

I've held SVG for about a year now on JH recommendation.
It's been dead money for me. Should I take the opportunity now to sell it with this spike up in price?
Or is there something else going on that could take this stock higher??
Back to top Go down
Henk

Henk

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-08-26

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Which will be the next?   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 3:34 pm

studbkr wrote:
I've had some successful trades predicting what he will blurt out next to his unpaid mailing list, but I've stopped. Anybody else?
I've done the same but stopped also. I used to keep track which company he wrote up at what moment, and tried to predict which would be the next. His "production" is to low now to make this useful.
When he writes a stock up, it tends to go up 25 to 35%. Don't hesitate to sell: price will drop at least 15% after that.
Poor unpaying members (I was one once): if only they knew how they are suckered. You'd almost feel guilty. But hey, a buck's a buck.

I don't know what the next one will be. Some (former) darlings of him are low-priced at the moment: SNR.V, IAU.TO and OTMN.PK.
And CRD.V offcourse, but that one really stinks.
Back to top Go down
letitfly

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-11

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 6:14 am

The curious thing is what JH does with his stock once he promotes it to the general group................
Back to top Go down
garry110

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-10-07

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 9:25 am

If you guys are buying SVG you really need to take a look at TUO. They share the same properties as SVG plus they are 50% on the high grade property with Sabina SBB that Jason mentioned in his article, plus they have some other projects like Treaty Creek that SVG does not have a part in. They are drilling several projects now and in my opinion has a much larger upside than SVG. At .485 now it is a gift.
Back to top Go down
md1

Number of posts : 179

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:12 pm

Duckncover:
I did today the same as what you did yesterday.
I've exited SVG for now,at exactly the same price at what I purchased it a year ago. I do believe that it will drift lower in price in the next few weeks. Maybe a time to buy back in after.

Garry110:
I will do some DD on TUO. I've never heard of it until now.

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golden7

Number of posts : 25

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: I think we know what Jason does....   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 8:02 am

letitfly wrote:
The curious thing is what JH does with his stock once he promotes it to the general group................

That is the reason he gave a speech about pump and dump at the Silver Summit at one point. (I believe the venue was the Summit)
Back to top Go down
mshen11

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 4:26 pm

JH on the mp3 sounds sincere and i see what he does on his email is noble.

on the other w/ PCM (this is not the only stock), someone was trying to convince bull do frontrunning via JH - i was put off by that. hopefully JH saw and ignored the post.

no names. just go back and read the threads if they are still there
Back to top Go down
mshen11

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 7:09 pm

<<
Azteca is currently considering doing the big, big financing for the Bunker. IE, this means dilution.

I wrote that in my article.

The company would like a higher stock price particularly at this particular time, and I don't want my company to dilute at too low of a price, either.
I'm giving the most information that I can legally give, and I talked to all the experts that I could find.

But as far as I really and truly know, the company could be feeding me a line, but I doubt it. These guys shoot straight arrows.

Azteca could get a quick pop up in share price after financing.>>

is he trying to say he timed the article so that it would rise in price just before the financing/PP? i feel sorry for the people receiving the financing/PP. if i own the stock, id sell it like hot potato after reading that.

a newbie investor who just blindly follows picks would not know the effects of prices before/after financing will be very disappointed (i was like that once)

question on the JH effect (i havent studied it in detail) - does it happen right out of the gates at 9:30EST or is it over a period of a few hours. Azteca was released this weekend, so im wondering if i can do a market order at opening bell and then sell it a few hours later.
Back to top Go down
studbkr

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 9:50 pm

I believe the Jason effect is immediate, though I haven't studied it intra-day as I don't trade that quickly. I try to position myself with a few extra shares days or weeks ahead if it's one of JHs holdings he hasn't mentioned in awhile.

(It also has to be a stock I believe in and want to hold, regardless of JH...I would not own CRD and I fear that CZN will get halted in court, for example. I do a "Jim Sinclair" and sell 1/3 (or more) on strength, then buy it back later)
Back to top Go down
EarthMonkey

Number of posts : 169

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:24 pm

Whats an intesting way of trading. Can you tell us your success rate base on JH effect?

I do not have much luck with JH picks so far and decided (long ago) not to follow any stocks that he recommended.

However, I read NZ_Andy, Aloha etc rationals on their picks as I found myself educated by reading their analysis. JH does not provide good written material that exercise my brain!!
Back to top Go down
studbkr

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 12:18 am

EarthMonkey: My success rate is not something I can easily document, but if you own stocks you believe in and follow Jim Sinclair's "sell 1/3 on strength" and re-buy later, then you might be able to accelerate your earnings
Back to top Go down
mshen11

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 12:05 pm

right now i have been lucky w/ just TUMIF... i do a studbkr approach, but i try to sell half.

i originally got into TUMIF at a bad time (when i didnt realize the JH effect) - but since ive been able to trade in and out, im about even.

like studbkr said, i wouldnt do it to any stock i wouldnt want to own - but i am tempted to trade a JH stock if i can see a pattern.

because i am not a subscriber, i try to avoid his stocks now because its usually been overbought. ive learn to buy his stocks only after the dust settles (3-6 months later)
Back to top Go down
EarthMonkey

Number of posts : 169

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 11:38 pm

Thanks studbkr. I also have been using Jim Sinclair's sell 1/3 on strength approach to reduce my stock costs and increase my chance of success in stock trading. It is a very practical trading strategy!!

Just want to switch topic for a few seconds....
I just visited JH ADA.V thread a few minutes ago and read your post about BN.V. It was funny that no one care about what you said back then and now, it is one of Shelbys top picks.

Please give us more tips, studbkr. We shall be humble and listen to your advise.

Cheers!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The "Jason Effect" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Jason Effect"   The "Jason Effect" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "Jason Effect"
Page 1 of 1