Silver Bull Report Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)

Go down 
+7
danamas
scanmin
Henk
mmock
studbkr
EarthMonkey
bull
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
scanmin

scanmin

Male Number of posts : 11
Emploi : Miner
Loisirs : Digging
Registration date : 2007-10-13

VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 3:50 pm

Bought some today (surely cant get lower than these prices) to diversify my major Ni exposure to not only include SGL but NI... No point risking hard earned with one play alone.

Having said that, I would like to increase my % NI however I am concerned that if they dont get their story out in the general marketplace (thereby increasing their SP/MCAP), dilution and/or a financing deal could screw them.

Thoughts appreciated... scratch
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 8:25 am

Personally, I am not too concerned. I have found success in the past with a strategy of investing in undervalued assets and good management. I have to be patient most of the time, but the rewards always seem to come.
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
danamas

danamas

Male Number of posts : 60
Emploi : Airline Pilot
Loisirs : Investing
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm

Bull:

I still have my Ni.to. I am holding for the big one. I agree that people in charge of the company matter at least as much as the underlying asset! Doug Casey says that you need at least three things in a mining company to be successful: People, Property and (Ph)Financing! I would add Promotion but that could fall under the People category(management, promotion, etc.)
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 4:46 pm

I have no doubt that NI will start with a public awareness campaign when the time is right. I know some people are concerned about the lack of promotion. Soon enough we will see some cash coming in from the Lac Rocher property, and I think that will be the begining of some very interesting developments.
Back to top Go down
EarthMonkey

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:27 pm

The volume picked up last Friday afternoon. More than half a million shares traded before noon today.

What is going on with Victory Nickel? Does anyone know? I dont like the Long Legged Doji Candle stick Pattern.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:31 pm

Don't know, other than Aloha at great investments wrote positive lately.
Back to top Go down
RandyH

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 12:32 pm

Seems like a heck of a buy at $0.51 today. Here is latest report:

Victory Nickel Announces Third Quarter Results, Provides Update of Activities
Friday November 9, 9:54 am ET

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 9, 2007) - Victory Nickel Inc. ("Victory Nickel" or the "Company")(TSX:NI - News; www.victorynickel.ca) today announced financial results for the three-month and nine-month periods ended September 30, 2007. Achievements during and subsequent to the third quarter include:
ADVERTISEMENT

- Obtaining further positive drill results from the 100% owned Minago sulphide nickel project on the Thompson Nickel Belt in northern Manitoba, including 64.65 metres grading 0.94% nickel and 35.44 metres grading 1.14% nickel.

- Receiving a universally positive response from First Nations and other local stakeholders in the vicinity of the Minago Project for its plans to develop the Minago Mine efficiently and in a socially and environmentally sound manner.

- Making significant progress on all aspects of the Minago sulphide nickel project open pit definitive feasibility study, including metallurgy, frac sand and hydrogeology.

- Completing a 12-hole, 1,500 metre drill program at the 100%-owned high-grade Lac Rocher sulphide nickel project in northern Quebec to test for extensions to the nickel sulphide mineralization and to provide metallurgical samples for a Preliminary Economic Evaluation of the near-term production and cash generation potential of the project.

- Entering into a Memorandum of Understanding ("MOU") with the Waswanipi Cree First Nation ("WCFN") whereby the parties have agreed to work together to support and expedite an underground exploration and bulk sampling program at Lac Rocher in a way that respects the collective interests of Victory Nickel, the WCFN and other stakeholders.

- Receiving drill results grading up to 9.5% nickel over 2.29 metres within a larger intercept of 45.92 metres grading 1.42% nickel at Lac Rocher.

- Continuing to evaluate the acquisition of producing and near-production nickel assets to enhance Victory Nickel's production profile.

"Victory Nickel has an exceptionally attractive sulphide nickel resource inventory and production profile in the Minago, Mel and Lac Rocher projects, all of which we continue to advance toward production," said Brian Robertson, President. "During the third quarter we made excellent progress, particularly at Minago, advancing the open pit feasibility study, and at Lac Rocher, with respect to expediting the 50,000 tonne underground exploration and bulk sampling program. We are also continuing to identify and evaluate attractive nickel assets at varying stages of development that, in combination with our current projects, offer the potential to create a dominant Canadian mid-tier nickel producer."

Financial Performance

Victory Nickel is an exploration and development-stage mineral resource company engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of nickel projects in Canada. As a development stage enterprise, none of Victory Nickel's exploration or development projects have commenced commercial production and accordingly the Company does not yet have revenue.

For the three-month period ended September 30, 2007, the Company had a net loss of $387,000, or $0.00 per share. For the period from inception, February 1, 2007 to September 30, 2007, the Company had a net loss of $1,893,000, or $0.01 per share. The losses for the periods include non-cash stock compensation of $103,000 and $1,113,000, respectively.

At September 30, 2007, the Company had working capital of $14,526,000, including cash and cash equivalents and cash for exploration expenditures totaling $14,940,000. Cash equivalents include bank-guaranteed investment certificates and bank discount notes. The Company does not own any asset-backed commercial paper. The Company has a corporate policy of investing its available cash in cash-equivalents comprising Canadian government instruments and certificates of deposit or other direct obligations of major banks.

During the three-month period ended September 30, 2007, the Company used $182,000 in operating activities. Financing activities generated $116,000 during the third quarter, and investing activities used cash of $535,000. $2,324,000 was invested in exploration and development activities offset by $1,789,000 realized on the sale of marketable securities. The Company is in the process of completing a definitive feasibility study for the Minago project and spent $1,466,000 during the quarter on consulting engineering and other costs related thereto. The balance of the exploration and development costs related primarily to approximately $504,000 spent during the third quarter on the Lac Rocher project, including drilling costs and environmental assessment costs associated with the evaluation of the near-term production potential of the project. The Company also made exploration advances to CVRD Inco Limited (CVRD) of $280,000 during the quarter.

For the period from inception, February 1, 2007 to September 30, 2007, the Company used cash in operating activities of $574,000, which included a net decrease in non-cash working capital balances of $99,000.

Full financial statements and management's discussion and analysis will be posted on the Company's website and at www.sedar.com.

Outlook

Minago

Completion of the definitive feasibility study on the open pit portion of the deposit by Wardrop Engineering remains a focus for the Company. Wardrop is moving ahead rapidly with all aspects of the definitive feasibility study, and the Company is very pleased with progress made to date. All drilling necessary for the study, including resource, metallurgical, geotechnical and hydrogeological, is complete, and metallurgical testing, frac sand testing, permitting and community relations activities are ongoing and moving ahead as expected. Due to additional metallurgical testwork, completion of the definitive feasibility study on the open pit portion of the Minago deposit is scheduled for October 2008.

In addition, the Company has completed airborne geophysics over the North Limb to identify exploration targets that are expected to be drilled this winter in this highly prospective area immediately to the north of the Minago deposit. Past drilling in the North Limb has returned results similar to those in the Minago deposit over a known strike length of approximately two kilometres, and this area could potentially be an extension of the Minago deposit.

For the balance of 2007 and into 2008, the Company expects to achieve the following milestones at Minago:

November:

- Technical report on frac sand characteristics.

- Continue comprehensive metallurgical testing.

December:

- Advance discussions concerning memorandums of understanding (MOUs) with First Nations groups regarding Minago mine development.

- Updated 43-101 resource estimate.

January:

- Receive metallurgical test results.

- Evaluate equipment.

- Final frac sand feasibility study.

February:

- North Limb drilling.

- Deep drilling of Nose deposit.

Lac Rocher

The Company is in the process of evaluating the potential to begin an underground exploration and bulk sampling program to evaluate ore continuity and provide further metallurgical evaluation in 2008. Roche Consulting Engineering is completing a Preliminary Economic Assessment of two phases of development. Phase I would encompass extracting a 50,000 tonne bulk sample grading approximately 4% nickel. It is expected that results of this bulk sample program will support Phase II mining of 400,000 tonnes grading 1.2% nickel. Metallurgical testing is underway, as is a revised resource estimate, and results of both are expected before year end.

For the balance of 2007 and into 2008, the Company expects to achieve the following milestones at Lac Rocher:

November:

- Updated 43-101 resource estimate incorporating recent drill results.

- Receive metallurgical test results on high-grade mineralization from Xstrata Process Support.

December:

- Receive metallurgical test results on disseminated mineralization from Corem.

January:

- Receive Certificate of Exemption for underground exploration and 50,000 tonne bulk sampling program.

February:

- Receive Certificate of Authorization (operating permit) to begin underground exploration and 50,000 tonne bulk sampling program.

- Receive final Preliminary Economic Assessment (scoping study) from Roche Consulting Engineering.

Mel

The Mel deposit has a National Instrument 43-101-compliant indicated resource of 4.3 million tonnes grading 0.88% nickel (approximately 83 million pounds in-situ nickel) and an additional inferred resource of 1.0 million tonnes grading 0.839% nickel (approximately 19 million pounds in-situ nickel). This near-surface resource, along with a stipulation in the option agreement that joint venture partner CVRD Inco Limited ("CVRD Inco") shall mill ore mined from the Mel deposit at cost plus 5% (provided that the product meets CVRD Inco specifications and that CVRD Inco has sufficient mill capacity), makes near-term nickel production from the Mel deposit a possibility that the Company is evaluating.

The Company is presently in discussion with CVRD Inco concerning next steps with respect to Mel development, and expects to have details of its program in place prior to year end.

About Victory Nickel

Victory Nickel Inc. is a Canadian company with over 660,000,000 pounds of in-situ nickel in National Instrument 43-101-compliant measured (154,000,000 pounds) and indicated (511,000,000 pounds) resources in three sulphide nickel projects: Minago and Mel on Manitoba's Thompson nickel belt, and the high-grade Lac Rocher deposit in northwestern Quebec, and an additional 530 million pounds of in-situ nickel in inferred resources. Created from the nickel assets of Nuinsco Resources Limited (TSX:NWI - News), Victory Nickel is well financed and focused on becoming a substantial nickel producer by developing its existing properties and evaluating opportunities to expand its nickel asset base.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 1:52 pm

RandyH

Quote :
[size=12
]Seems like a heck of a buy at $0.51 today. Here is latest report:[/size]

Yep! With nickel up a buck?...Darn Tootin'! lol!
Back to top Go down
Henk

Henk

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: LME Nickel Stock   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 4:13 pm

VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Lme-warehouse-nickel-5y
A lot of nickel in store... Nickel price is holdin' up pretty good.
http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/nickel_historical.html
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 4:18 pm

I'll bet nickel storage starts to decline now.

China knows this is the time to stock up for Olympic 2008.

Time for nickel to shine again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silverman

Male Number of posts : 163
Emploi : Engineering

PostSubject: someone is selling....   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 4:28 pm

It is not Jason - he does not own it.

I guess it may be sprott..

Just my gut feeling

( Stupid me - I bought today ..)
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 4:43 pm

Quote :
( Stupid me - I bought today ..)

So did I Silverman...so did I.
Back to top Go down
danamas

danamas

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 10:39 am

Henk and Bull:

I also noted the nickel supply swings some time ago in a post at JH Forums as I recall. I agree that the stockpile is about to be raided again probably by the Chinese now that the price is down. I still own some NI.to for Christmas presents! santa
Back to top Go down
silverman

Male Number of posts : 163
Emploi : Engineering

PostSubject: For all of you - Aloha fans   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 5:04 pm

bull wrote:
Don't know, other than Aloha at great investments wrote positive lately.

Aloha means ' God ' in Hebrew Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
danamas

danamas

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 6:14 pm

Henk:

i notice a couple of things from your chart of LME nickel stocks. First, the amplititude of price swings is increasing affraid Second, the peaks are getting shorter in duration and the valleys are increasing in duration! What a Face Cheers!
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 6:28 pm

Great observation Dan! I hadn't looked at it that way, but it is mighty clear that you are dead on! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 2:41 pm

Back in heavy with NI.to cheers
Back to top Go down
EarthMonkey

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 4:41 pm

http://biz.yahoo.com/ccn/071206/200712060430190001.html?.v=1

Missed the news yesterday. Would have doubled my holdings today. Darn!!
Back to top Go down
scanmin

scanmin

Male Number of posts : 11
Emploi : Miner
Loisirs : Digging
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 7:02 pm

Bull... Appreciate your thoughts on NI.

Still a play or do we require significant dilution and/or debt (assuming we can get it) to make it move... Question Question
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 1:52 am

scanmin wrote:
Bull... Appreciate your thoughts on NI.

Still a play or do we require significant dilution and/or debt (assuming we can get it) to make it move... Question Question

Yes we are talking debt for sure...but not necessarily heavy share dilution.

Lac Rocher is going to be bulk sampled at 50,000 tonnes for sure. We are talking $1000 ore, with fairly low cost extraction and processing. This ends up being a nice chuck of change!

NI.to will be able to demonstrate profitable mining very soon with the bulk sampling. I see this as putting them in a good light, as far as financiars are concerned.

NI.to only needs to get one property into production and the rest will fall in place nicely.

The frac sand at Minago almost pays for the development of the project.

NI.to will go into production, I have doubt about that; what the terms will be, who knows?!

http://www.victorynickel.ca/corpbrochure.pdf
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:25 pm

Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:27 pm

http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/25022008/28/link-finance-news-victory-nickel-provides-update-minago-nickel-project.html

Not sure what this means yet, but added a little today.

Lac Rocher is the main concern right now, so lots of time to resolve any issues.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:01 pm

I have too much cash, so I bought a little more NI.to

Can't see downside from here. When stocks refuse to go down on bad news, they tend to go up.

Nickel over $14.00 don't hurt either. lol!
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:52 am

Gotta like that! cheers

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=827848&k=victory%20nickel

Victory Nickel Drilling Returns 1.51% Ni Over 38.42 Metres Beneath Minago Resource
Hole V-08-01 confirms presence of higher grade mineralization at depth
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 11:47 am

http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/08042008/28/link-finance-news-victory-nickel-receives-key-approval-lac-rocher.html

Quote:

The C of E is the essential approval which will enable Victory Nickel to expedite development at Lac Rocher in order to begin mineral extraction in 2008. The C of E relates to:
- Bulk sampling of 65,000 tonnes of ore; and, - Construction of an access portal and ramp, an ore stockpile, an acid-generating waste rock pile, a non-acid-generating waste rock pile, a mine water collection basin, petroleum products tanks, a garage, and any other infrastructure required to support mining activities and for the well-being of workers on the mine site.

Steady progress is my favorite confidence booster!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)   VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VICTORY NICKEL (NI.v) or (VNCKF)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silver Bull Report Forum :: Silver Bull Report Member Forum :: Stock Tip Forum-
Jump to: