Silver Bull Report Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Silver Eagle SEG.TO

Go down 
+11
pa30twin
mshen11
md1
duckncover
NZ_Andy
dz20854
EarthMonkey
silverman
Henk
bull
studbkr
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
silverman

Male Number of posts : 163
Emploi : Engineering
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: [b]can you repeat this majic[/b]   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:30 am

also for

Scorpio Mining (SPM.TO)

Arian Silver (AGQ.V)

PLEASE ?? jocolor Razz
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300
Emploi : Investor

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:33 am

SPM bids 1.38

AGQ 45.5
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
silverman

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:35 am

THANKS MAN..

I DID NOT MEAN THE PRICE QUOTE..I MEANT THE RESOURCE UPGRADE.....
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:38 am

Sorry Silverman missed the post title.

Quote :
can you repeat this majic

I have faith and patience...But the majic is in the geology of the properties, and they do look good to me.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:06 am

BTW Silverman, PCM is the one to watch now for a resource estimate.
Back to top Go down
EarthMonkey

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:15 pm

Thanks for the headsup, bull.

The huge depressed bids over last few days for PCM makes one feel suspicous!! I did not sell a single shares of PCM, nor did I sell any NI or SEG etc. They are not for trading - not until our leader makes the call Basketball
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:32 pm

I'm sure many are able to trade the stocks you mention and do well at it. I hope to sell on a major run-up or spike. I sell to early sometimes, but I would rather leave some upside on the table than watch it fall back down.

BTW EarthMonkey, you exalt me in your kindness, but I am not deserving of it. Thanks for the gesture though.

Does the PCM chart show a huge descending wedge?

http://www.forexrealm.com/technical-analysis/graphical-methods/figures/wedge.html
Back to top Go down
EarthMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:04 pm

Not trying to flatter you. You got a very noticeable leadership mentality. We need people with your quality to help us prosper!!

Indeed it is a falling wedge or a descending wedge that some TA may say.

I just bought another few shares this afternoon. There were not too many shares for sale and it is interesting to watch the share price closed at 8.5 cents again for today. Someone really wants their shares cheap!!
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:36 am

SEG is providing an unbelieveable opportunity. Seems like no-one follows this company. I think what they have done is just amazing. They have tonnes of cash, four drills, with three being company owned, a growing mill capacity. Did I mention a growing resource?! I have been studying their land package and I can't for the life of me figure out how the market does not see that they will soon have 50 million oz's. They recently discovered a new vien system, the east zone; for cryin' out loud!...they haven't even drilled what I believe will be the highest grade on the property, that being the area around the old adobe shaft house. The Calvario vien, which is the area of the new increase in indicated resources, is open at depth and along strike. Man...30 million oz's already if you count the inferred. you know, they have twice the drilling capacity now then they did a year ago. Shoot, I think 50 million oz's is far too conservative. Funny...over at stockhouse the silence is deafining. I think it's good to buy when things are quiet over there, or better yet when stock bashers have done their best and are out of air.

I am not into "Manipulipedia", but I wonder how SEG would wash-out with the new resource estimate. I have heard that PCM was removed from MP, maybe SEG has been as well?
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:00 am

I am always harping on about how important management is, well...instead of raising money when the stock is dead, SEG raised a lot higher, back in May.
http://www.silvereaglemines.com/pdf/p_release/2007_05_10.pdf

Get this...they were able to raise 30 million smackers, before the CDN currency went through the roof, and I am indeed talking literally, US parity speaking Laughing 20,010,000 units at $1.50 with warrants priced at $2.03 and expiring in Nov. 2008!!! Now, I think it is fair to say that's a good raise. lol!

I couldn't give a pair of rats pajamas if the warrants get excercised....Shoot, we have a double by then. Can you say SWEEEET!!!

Excuse the excitement on my behalf. SEG is in a totally different position than it was a few days ago. They are now set for success like never before. I say bring on a 1000 tpd mill.
Back to top Go down
studbkr

Number of posts : 902

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 11:21 am

Bull's 3:36AM post was jut cross-posted to the JH forum (minus the Manipulpedia sentence). I wonder if chumming the waters brings any attacks over there...or new posters over here
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 5:09 pm

I don't get it. What am I missing? SEG should be moving bigtime. pale

I have a pile of money in SEG and it starting to hurt a little. scratch
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 10:41 am

Feeling better today! Laughing
Back to top Go down
silverman

PostSubject: Feeling better Bull ??   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 7:47 pm

Really ?? Mad

This stock really hurts.

You can buy more tomorrow at or below 80 cents
Back to top Go down
silverman

PostSubject: David Morgan gives SEG a thumb DOWN !   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 9:42 pm

He says in the November issue -

" Genco is still about the lowest-valued junior
producer in this matrix, and is one we have on the formal
speculation list. But we have favorably mentioned all the
companies, with the exception of Silver Eagle.

For an underground mine to be economic, it
must have much higher grades for the project to be
worthwhile. So, one question an investor should always ask
is, What type of deposit are we looking at in any given
situation?
In my view, Silver Eagle is an underground situation yet the
grades so far are more suitable to an open-pit situation, so
at this time, it would not be one that I would have high on
my list. If you have a different opinion, fine.

Note - he shows a matrix of junior companies.
I think his data for SEG.TO is wrong.
Cannot show the matrix.
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 10:59 pm

I quess SEG could be prone to tax loss season, but some companies with a high level of insider ownership, are sometimes best understood by the people on the ground actually working the property.
Back to top Go down
dz20854

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 2:07 pm

Here is what coach247 has to say:

I respect David Morgan as a guy who 'gets it' when it comes to silver and silver juniors, but I think his comments are out of line. The latest resource estimate for SEG shows indicated and inferred resources that average about 350 g/t silver equivalent. That is more than 10 ounces silver per tonne. Now I know that includes the base metals credits, but just about every other silver producer in Mexico is also mining polymetallic ore. Morgan states that SEG is a lower grade producer than the other companies on his matrix. I am not a subscriber so I do not know what those companies are, but I can flatly state the SEG is mining ore that is at least as rich, or in some cases even higher grade, than most of the other producers in Mexico that run underground operations.

Also, keep in mind that the resource estimate is based on all of the mineralized zones of the deposit that have enough data to support a resource at the time when that last update was prepared. Some of the zones are much higher grade than the average, in some cases above 1000 g/t silver. Yet they are all lumped together with the lower grade zones and delivered as an average number. There is no law that states as a producer, SEG must run the average grade material through their mill. They are a low volume player, which means they have the luxury to run very high grade and extremely profitable ore, while they continue the exploration and development process.

And while we are on the topic of exploration, I have pointed out in the past that SEG is now working to outline a much richer deposit area, well above the magic kilo-per-tonne silver grade. It was not even included in the last update. In fact, most of the drilling that was included is relatively shallow. As the company has done deeper drilling work, they have begun to encounter higher grade zones. The trend is improving and the next update will likely significantly increase the total grade and tonnage once again.

Please feel free to post this reply on any other forum. I think people are completely missing this story, as most did with IPT and CS in 2005. SEG is going to be a big play in Mexico before its all over, and while the stock trades at piss-poor levels right now, that is the ideal time to recognize what they have on the go and load up cheaply. I think we are seeing funds take advantage of tax strategy right now and sell to realize cap losses. They will probably begin re-establishing a position later this winter and then SEG will be set to move up.

http://www.mexicomike.ca/php/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8264&start=0
Back to top Go down
dz20854

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 1:44 pm

I got this reply from Terry Byberg, President/CEO of Silver Eagle:

Quote :
Morgan is wrong. He is using incorrect information. I will be contacting him and expect we will meet in San Francisco at the upcoming conference on the 18th. I am attaching a comparison of silver Mines compiled by TD. You will notice we are middle of the road.

Here is the list of producers followed by a list of emerging producers. The lists are in order from the lowest equivalent silver grade in grams per ton to the highest. The approximate percentage of the silver equivalent that is actually silver is shown after each name. This is from a Nov.1, 2007 TD Securities bar chart showing a line indicating the average at 329 (for producers) and 398 (for emerging producers) grams per ton equivalent:

Silver Producers:

Silver Wheaton - Los Filos 100
Silver Wheaton - Penasquito - Heap Leach 100
Silverstone - Aljustrel 100
Silver Wheaton - Penasquito - Mill 100
Coeur d'Alene – Rochester 60
Silverstone - Neves-Corvo 100
Silverstone – Aljustrel 100
Coeur d'Alene – Endeavour 100
Coeur d'Alene - Broken Hill 100
Silverstone – Cozamin 100
Silver Wheaton – Zinkgruvan 100
Coeur d'Alene - San Bartolome 100
Revett Minerals – Troy 40
Silver Wheaton - Luismin - San Martin 100
Pan American - Alamo Dorado 85
Coeur d'Alene - La Patria 33
Revett Minerals - Rock Creek 40
US Silver - Silver Valley 10
Great Panther - KM66 45
Gammon Gold – Ocampo 50
Silver Wheaton – Stratoni 100
Endeavour – Seco 100
Coeur d'Alene – Guadelupe 65
First Majestic - San Martin 100
Pan American - Manantial Espejo 60
Genco - La Guitarra Mine 65
Silverstone – Montoros 15
Silver Wheaton – Yauliyacu 100
Great Panther – Guanajuato 60
Gammon Gold - Guadalupe y Calvo 40
Coeur d'Alene – Palmarejo 55
First Majestic - La Encantada 85
Silverstone – Copala 60
Endeavour - Guanacevi - Alex Breccia 90
Silver Eagle - Miguel Auza 52 <-- 329 gpt equivalent silver grade, the average of this list. About 52% of this represents silver.
Silver Wheaton - Luismin - San Dimas 100
First Majestic - La Parrilla 75
Endeavour - Guanacevi - Povenir Mine 90
Pan American – Huaron 45
Endeavour - Guanacevi - Porvenir Dos 90
Gammon Gold - El Cubo & Las Torres 45
ECU Silver – Velardena 52
Silverstone – Claudia 45
Endeavour - Guanacevi - Deep Santa Cruz 90
Silverstone – Promontorio 85
Pan American – Quiruvilca 33
Pan American - San Vicente 66
Pan American – Morococha 40
Fortuna – Caylloma 52
Coeur d'Alene - Cerro Bayo 50
Hecla - Lucky Friday 50
Pan American - La Colorada 70
Hecla - San Sebastian 30
Great Panther – Topia 45
Hecla - Greens Creek 30
Silvercorp – Ying 50
Coeur d'Alene - Mina Martha 92

Emerging Silver Producers:

Silver Standard - Maverick Springs 100
Silver Standard – Candelaria 100
Silver Standard - San Agustin 20
Silver Standard – Bowdens 66
Silver Standard – Pitarrilla 100
Bear Creek – Corani 55
Silver Standard – Diablillos 52
Mines Management – Montanore 48
Apex - San Cristobal 40
Silver Standard – Challacollo 100
Silver Standard – Pirquitas 85
Silver Standard – Berenguela 52
Silver Standard - San Marcial 80
Silver Standard - Veta Colorada 100
Sabina - Hackett River - Open Pit 33
Silver Standard – Shafter 100 <-- 398 gpt equivalent silver grade, the average of this list.
Scorpio - Nuestra Senora 40
Sabina - Hackett River – Underground 35
Silver Standard - Sunrise Lake 40
Silver Standard – Silvertip 38
Scorpio – Candelaria 55
Yukon Zinc – Wolverine 30
Canadian Zinc - Prairie Creek 15
Silver Standard – Sulphurets 40

Last edited by on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:24 pm

Good info...a retraction or update by Morgan would be good for the share price!
Back to top Go down
EarthMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 3:37 pm

Wow, I hope those silly people who sold me SEG.TO @ $.85/share yesterday did not regret clicking on the sell button too quickly!!
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 3:41 pm

If you're loading up on drillers, keep the market cap of this one in mind...they're alot closer to pouring bars and only C$47M!

(My core postitions are in companies that have a timeline for production. The drillers are a minor position for thrills and "portfolio leverage", both up and down!)
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 3:44 pm

SEG looks ready to break to the upside. With four drills turning we are going to get some good news! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dz20854

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:48 am

Perhaps David Morgan thinks the silver equivalent grade for Silver Eagle has a lower percentage of actual silver than compared to other mines.

I have edited my earlier post so that the approximate percentage of the silver equivalent that is actually silver is now shown after each name. I have also included the list of emerging producers as well as the list of producers.

Can Silverman determine whether Morgan used silver equivalent grade or actual silver grade in his matrix?

I don’t mind that Silver Eagle may have more base metals mixed in with their silver than some other mines do. That does not make their mine uneconomic. Also, higher grades that are now being encountered will soon update the data.
Back to top Go down
silverman

PostSubject: Morgan's matrix   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:19 pm

What he says is that the matrix includes all the resources -indicated and inferred - but left out obvious uneconomic deposits based on the silver price.

That said, still think that David's estimates of SEG.TO resources is wrong.
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 7:51 pm

FYI: I spent about 20 minutes with Terry in his booth this morning. I got there very early before it got busy. I did some name dropping (Shelby, Jason, and Leonard, all of whom he was familar with and had different reactions to each name ) and asked about the David Morgan drama. David did not make it to S.F., but there is an e-mail dialog ongoing, as well as an effort to keep the web updated where David Morgan retreived old numbers. I pressed Terry on the importance of an updated website and the balance between getting the mone going and taking care of I.R. questions. He's a great, solid guy, who may not need any more dilution with cash flow from the bulk sampling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silver Eagle SEG.TO   Silver Eagle SEG.TO - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silver Eagle SEG.TO
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next