Silver Bull Report Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Bull Report Forum

Discussion of mining stocks, precious metals and otherwise. Markets in general

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SEG Freebie

Go down 
+15
silverman
nuwrldudder
keith
xdrywall
Sam Spaiser
dz20854
Henk
loogan
RandyH
silverbud
Boomer
md1
studbkr
mshen11
bull
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300
Emploi : Investor
Registration date : 2007-05-24

SEG Freebie - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:25 pm

silverbud wrote:
Up 40% on decent volume -250K. Hope this trend continues.

Yesterday and today traffic to silverbullreport.com hit all time highs. Everytime this has happened in the past, precious metals have been pounded down within days. My antennae are up and squelch knob cranked clockwise. That said, yes indeed, I hope this trend continues.

Last edited by bull on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
studbkr

Number of posts : 902

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:17 am

Bull, On your "subscribe" page, you may want to mention your rate is in Canadian dollars, which is alot cheaper for Americans that it was a few months ago...
Back to top Go down
mshen11

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:21 am

gold up 940$... w/ my muddle through PM prices belief we are at extreme high and need to normalize downward to continue the plate like chart im guessing will occur. im not too worried about missing the 'PM bull market' until 980+
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:41 am

Careful, MShen11...that lack of "rocketship to the moon" optimism can get you banned from the JH Forum!

lol! lol!

It will be interesting to see if you're correct!
Back to top Go down
mshen11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:12 am

but i AM banned already! scratch
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:55 am

I know...maybe I should have made it more clear that I know.
Back to top Go down
mshen11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:17 pm

yeah i know... im just being sarcastic Smile
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Duh! ..so was I, but mis-read your reply!
Back to top Go down
bull
Admin
bull

Male Number of posts : 1300

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:31 pm

studbkr wrote:
Bull, On your "subscribe" page, you may want to mention your rate is in Canadian dollars, which is alot cheaper for Americans that it was a few months ago...

Thanks for the suggestion, studbkr. I have made the change.
Back to top Go down
https://silverbullreport.forumotion.com
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:34 pm

Back to top Go down
mshen11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:46 pm

im afraid of these end game scenerios for our darling juniors where we dont ever get the price back that we lost.

looks like the stockis not moving in the right/up direction. in retrospect, im glad i didnt buy this one.

and where is miningpedia's accuracy here (a bash on MP)? it shouldve been sold for a much better deal because of the potential resources in the ground

edit: i dont get it. how are they buying SEG. this is from the first sentence of their Q1 report (12/2008)...

The Company believes that cash flow from its operations will not be sufficient to meet its objectives
Back to top Go down
eca

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Well, that sucks! I as a shareholder won't vote for this.
Back to top Go down
mshen11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:26 pm

they might threaten you with - take or go bankrupt. management is usually in bed w/ each other on this type of deal (or the deal wouldnt be made)... usually with a fat check or bonus.
Back to top Go down
eca

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:12 pm

I suppose so, but I've already loss 91% of my initial investment. I think they can do better. I'll vote my dissatisfaction, not that it will have much of an impact.
Back to top Go down
Jim

Number of posts : 1077
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Excellon Resources (EXN.TO)   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:27 pm

Guess it's better than SEG.TO going to zero. Looks like we'll be recovering with EXN.TO rather than SEG.TO. Trading a stock that's down for another stock, a stronger stock, that's down.

http://stockcharts.com/charts/gallery.html?EXN.TO
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:02 pm

EXN lost a ton of money in the last quarter. They're in the same boat as SEG if Ag prices do not go higher (based on my 5 minute analysis...someone else can dig deeper if they want)
Back to top Go down
mshen11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:23 pm

my question remains - i would like to deploy my newly funded retirement accounts, what are good buys?

i simply dont see anything and am not willing to double down on some of my existing TLR. GORO i was break even last week but thats fading away. i have yet to find any strong PMs. i am still looking into IAU but believe theres going to be a correction on that soon.

not even USO is attractive right now. i am turning more bullish on gold/silver. yes we've fallen back to 900$ - i think we will test $1000 again before the summer months.

this year might be the first year i follow my own advice - wait for the spring rally to go away until the summer doldrums starts
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:06 pm

So...when do you expect the spring rally to end (mining stox)? I'm thinking in a week or two to cut back on my holdings of AEM, HL, AUY, etc, until August
Back to top Go down
md1

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Coach's thoughts on this merger   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:10 pm

Here's what Coach had to say about this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not a big fan of EXN. I owned it about 5 years ago and paid about the same share price as it trades at now. But I am sure that SEG looked at every available offer and made the best deal that he could make. And I am also sure that this deal with be accretive for EXN. It means they will finally have the mill to process material in house, and the total resources will be more than a few years of production for the first time in that company's history. Therefore even though the current share price is low it may well set the company up to generate greater shareholder value when the deal closes.

I was hoping for a better deal. I think SEG shareholders got screwed in this, but the clock was ticking and who knows how bad things are going to get in the months ahead. I am going to keep the shares of EXN I get in this deal and look towards better days but I would be happier with almost any other company doing the acquisition.

cheers!

mike
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:45 pm

I agree with Coach..crappy deal for SEG and acquired by a crappy company...but we don't know what choices SEG had besides walking away and letting the mine flood
Back to top Go down
letitfly

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:10 am

Anyone hear anything from Bull on this transaction?
Back to top Go down
md1

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Where's Bull   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:08 am

.....maybe Bull works partime as one of those Mexican
drug lords ..........hmmmm!

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
studbkr

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:05 am

FYI: Shelby has a rant on Silicon Investor board for MMG (including comment on SEG).
Summary: he was right a long time ago and the financiers and mine owners are a bunch of corrupt wankers
Back to top Go down
mshen11

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:27 am

[So...when do you expect the spring rally to end (mining stox)? ]

might have already ended. i was ready to take advantage of the spring rally but it came early this year.

[Summary: he was right a long time ago and the financiers and mine owners are a bunch of corrupt wankers]

thast the only thing i agree with him. but we all already know that.
Back to top Go down
Leonard Wall

Leonard Wall

Male Number of posts : 767
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:58 am

md1 wrote:
.....maybe Bull works partime as one of those Mexican
drug lords ..........hmmmm!

Cheers Very Happy

With the the way things are going in the markets, I might have to give that some thought! Wink lol!

Btw, Mazatlan is as peaceful as ever! I'm sorry you all can't experience this...I'm in paradise, and loving every minute of it. Wish my wife could be here with me, but other than that, things are going well here for me. I finally have internet at my apartment, so will likely start posting more soon. Couldn't figure out how to get my old password, so had to set up this new account.
Back to top Go down
http://silverbullreport.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEG Freebie   SEG Freebie - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEG Freebie
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silver Bull Report Forum :: Silver Bull Report Member Forum :: Stock Tip Forum-
Jump to: